Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road
Default Which QB will go first?

Brohm from cardinals or Quinn of Notre Dame?

I think Brohm is the more talented QB out of the two and if he decides to go pro should go first. Quinn hasn't proved anything and if Weiss wasn't the coach I don't think he would of even been mentioned as a top QB in the draft.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

RavenPoe is on a distinguished road

Grifter,

Quinn showed some composure in a few games. He's got a big arm and he's smart. He's a gamer and he doesn't get flustered. I'm pretty sure he'll go first. But then I'd've bet the farm that Bush would go first as well.
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I'll take a guy who started all but three games of his college career over a junior who has yet to stay healthy for an entire college season. Historically speaking QBs who play through their senior seasons have better track records in the NFL than those who come out early.

Plus, Weis has a better track record in mentoring NFL caliber QBs than Bobby Petrino's staff does.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

Jaguar Rick is on a distinguished road

I'll say Quinn will be the first picked. He has played against higher ranked teams, in larger stadiums, and for a prestigious school. Just getting to be the starting QB on a team such as Notre Dame is an acheivement. I think Quinn has a better foundation to begin with.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #5
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Unless he gets busted for DUI or something between now and the draft (heaven forbid!), Brady Quinn will not only be the first QB picked, but the first player picked, period.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

An interesting point one of the announcers brought up yesterday in one of the games i was watching was JaMarcus Russell of LSU. What if he comes out? Where do you think he will be selected?
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I have seen Russell listed as a mid-first round pick if he declares for the draft.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

In watching him play tonight I think Russell's name may belong in the conversation as well. The main thing Russell has going for him that may end up giving him the slight edge is that he is a big QB who can move around a bit in the pocket.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachJ View Post
An interesting point one of the announcers brought up yesterday in one of the games i was watching was JaMarcus Russell of LSU. What if he comes out? Where do you think he will be selected?
Mel Kiper was talking about that this morning. Russell "fits" Oakland's offense where as Quinn would "fit" Detriot's. Could be interesting if Detriot made a move to get #1 from Oakland??? I think Quinn will definitly be the #1 pick. RavenPoe said it best - he is a gamer. I don't think he had the best weapons around him to show off what he can do.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I don't know about that. I think he had the weapons around him the problem is the o-line regressed this year on him so he was spending a lot more time under pressure this year than last. Samardzija, McKnight, Walker, and John Carlson are all probably going to play at the next level in some capacity.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:50 AM   #11
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

Quinn hands down!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

If the Raiders do stay put in the draft and pick Brady Quinn, they will take a walk down memory lane - to the Daryle Lamonica years!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I don't know, now that Russell has thrown his hat in the ring I think the Raiders should take him. After all they need a 265-pound QB who will be able to stand up to the the beating of a lifetime he will inevitably endure next year. :lol:
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
Ravana
Revolution w/b improvised

Ravana is on a distinguished road

Don't know who'll go first—but I do know that all the teams that pass on Troy Smith will end up regretting it down the road.

I'm going to say Quinn goes first... to Detroit. Oakland, if it has any sense at all, will trade down. (Not that I'm used to associating Al Davis and "sense"... they just have too many needs right now, and I think even he ought to be able to see that....)

There's talk about Smith going to Cleveland with the third pick. I hope he doesn't; I'd like to see him picked high, but I'd also like to see him go to a team that he'll have a chance of developing on. The Browns is not that team. If he's lucky, he'll drop to the middle of the first round, and get picked by a real team... with any luck, by one that already has a good starter, so that he can get a couple years under his belt as a backup, with a good tutor. Whoever gets him will be getting a steal, though.

(By the way, I'm among the host of those who feel that Brady Quinn is overrated... don't expect a whole lot out of him. I could be wrong, of course... but I doubt it. If Oakland does pick high and goes QB, they'll destroy the career of whoever they take.)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Talent-wise the Raiders don't have that many needs aside from upgrades at QB and o-line. Their defense was strong this past year and they have talent at the skill positions. They may want to look for someone to hold the fort down for LaMont Jordan if he is not ready to go this summer, but serviceable RBs can generally be had in later rounds.

They need a QB. Andrew Walter was awful and Aaron Brooks really does not have the mental chops to take a team to the next level. If they don't go QB then they should go with the tackle from Wisconsin as it is beginning to look like Robert Gallery is never going to be the elite player they hoped he would be when they drafted him a few years back.