Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #46
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Um ... how can you can the SEC is the best and then diss most of its teams? Furthermore, please turn off CAPS LOCK.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:19 AM   #47
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Probably because he was being sarcastic.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:58 AM   #48
MSU#1
All-Star Player

MSU#1 is on a distinguished road

1. Big-10
2. SEC
3. Big-12
4. Pac-10
5. Mid-American
6. Big East
7. ACC
MSU#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #49
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

I was going to wander off to another board (Nothing to see here) when it dawned on me what I'd just seen...

Quote:
Originally posted by MSU#1

5. Mid-American
6. Big East
7. ACC
Umm... I think there's healthy debate regarding the position of the Big East over the ACC--at least before the coming season (when VT and Miami move to the ACC), but...

come on, MAC better than either of them?!

Get real.

True, the 2004 edition of the Big East will be the weakest it's been since its football inception. No doubt about it. That said, there are maybe two teams in the entire MAC that can beat more than two (Temple and Rutgers) teams in the Big East. Maybe three teams. I don't know how good Pitt will be this coming season.

Toledo and Miami/Marshall should be decent, but beyond that, the conference is stinksville.
(Which reminds me, when does Marshall move to C-USA?)

Puh-lease.

Dave
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #50
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Sorry MSU. Coming from Akron, I'm about as pro-MAC-bias as you can get, and it's just nuts to suggest that they are better than the Big East or CUSA.

This will be Marshall's last year in the MAC. Akron has a shot at being on par with the Toledos/Miamis/Marshall's next year as well.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:01 PM   #51
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinBeane

This will be Marshall's last year in the MAC. Akron has a shot at being on par with the Toledos/Miamis/Marshall's next year as well.
More proof that the MAC is near the bottom of football conferences when compared to the others... uh, no offense, Kev.

Although, it suddenly dawns on me that I've forgotten the NIU Huskies. They're the one team in the MAC who's been able to put together success without big names. They've had Michael Turner the last few years, but he was never the name that Leftwich was in '02, Roethlisberger was in '03, or what many are suggesting Toledo's Gradkowski will be in '04. My point?Throw NIU in with Miami/Marshall/Toledo as the MAC elite. Please remove Bowling Green with Josh Harris gone.

Dave
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:38 AM   #52
MSU#1
All-Star Player

MSU#1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave
More proof that the MAC is near the bottom of football conferences when compared to the others... uh, no offense, Kev.

Although, it suddenly dawns on me that I've forgotten the NIU Huskies. They're the one team in the MAC who's been able to put together success without big names. They've had Michael Turner the last few years, but he was never the name that Leftwich was in '02, Roethlisberger was in '03, or what many are suggesting Toledo's Gradkowski will be in '04. My point?Throw NIU in with Miami/Marshall/Toledo as the MAC elite. Please remove Bowling Green with Josh Harris gone.

Dave

Ok top-to-bottom the MAC doesn't match up. And with Marshall leaving...I think the MAC is going to get much better in the coming years though. Take away Miami and Pitt and the top of the MAC are better than anything in the Big East. But after the top couple teams in the MAC there isn't anybody else that can win against the Big East...So I guess I'll give you that top-to-bottom the Big East is better. I guess it's more wishful thinking...I'd love to see the MAC come up...Let the Big East and ACC stick to basketball
MSU#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #53
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

The ACC could easily be the best football conference going into the season. Miami, Florida State, Virginia, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Maryland and Georgia Tech are all likely headed to bowl games. As I said in the ACC thread, Virginia is extremely underrated. Without Miami and Virginia Tech in the conference they could be a solid #2 pick in the ACC.

Why are you taking Pitt away from the Big East? sPitt gets to stay and rot away into mediocrity. Miami, Viriginia Tech and next season, Boston College, are the ones leaving.