Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road
Default Closing Time

Hey guys,

It is with a little sadness that I am today announcing ending my relationship with Sports Central and the Sports Central Message Boards.

I've been here since November, 1999, when I wrote my first article. I was here when the boards first started to become big upon the transfer to the vB software. In 2002 after about 60 articles, I stopped writing because of my busy schedule and just focused on the boards because writing just wasn't my thing anymore. Now, neither is posting on this forum.

I am glad to have met a lot of great people on these boards. Some I got the chance to meet in real life. If any of you remember the former PGA Mod, Ravi, it is because of him that I am at the university I am at now. Without meeting him through the SCMB, I never would have known about The University of Western Ontario and never would've ended up here. I've also met Brian in real life and although I love London, I haven't run into too many sports fanataics here so it's good I can drive down the street to watch sports with him and goto Toronto to see Raptors games. And of course I've met some great e-friends like Simon, Diceman, Shawn, Brandon, and all others those I run into on the forums daily here.

But over the past while I've determined that this just isn't for me anymore. I love all sports. I love and actually follow closely the NBA, MLB, NFL, CFL, PGA, CHL, Olympics, curling... basically anything that doesn't start with "NCAA" and doesn't have a car racing component to it. But I'm most passionate about the CFL, NHL, PGA, and CHL, and Sports Central doesn't offer me any of this.

My contact information is in my signature here. I think I have everyone's MSN address that I normally keep up with (except Shawn... if you want to add me please feel free... you never know when you may need me! ). Also I'm going to keep participating in the fantasy leagues because those are fun and when hockey is back up, I don't want Brandon to have the satisfaction of thinking he did better than me. The friendly rivalries I have with him and Simon and Brian and Nate, is loads of fun.

I am very glad to have met so many great people here. Unfortunately, I've had it with administration at this site for about a year now and finally decided it was time to exit.

Adios,
Lee | [email protected]
www.lmanchur.com
-BSc Student, Honors Mathematics & Computer Science III
-Software Test Associate, Research In Motion

Last edited by lmanchur.; 03-18-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

You just went down in my estimations Lee. A simple good bye would have been better than this little grand standing performance. There is nothing worse than a drama queen leaving a message board on the internet.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this was much too pis*y for me too wish you much of a fare-thee-well either. I hope you find that message board where everyone meets your standards. Sorry so many of us insulted you with our sub-primate intelligence. And ripping on Marc because, it sounds, he's not interested enough in you and pretty much has the same attitudes that we all had as freshman in college, that was swell. Anyone who has had their work read by thousands of people here and have made great friends have Marc to thank. I don't see eye-to-eye with him all the time either, but this "I'd like to take this opportunity to say goodbye and tell everyone how much I hate Marc" is juvenile, to say the least. Can't say I will miss you in light of this post.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 03-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Yea you just really hurt your image here with that post. Why rip mark like Kevin said with out him you would have never had the opprutunity to write or meet the people who had an impact on you here so he is the one you should be most grateful to.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
Old 03-18-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

It's too bad I just sent Lee a polite, well-wishing e-mail before reading this. Needless to say, his assertions about me are wildly inaccurate and I really don't like having words put in my mouth. But that's fine, you're not going to please everyone.

I really expected better from you. I was wrong.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Wow!

Take care Lee. I wish you the best.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

At first, I thought the Marc-railing paragraph was a joke. But it kept going on and on and on and on and on..

It didn't dawn on me till late in the paragraph: Wow. He really hates Marc or something.

Not the classiest way to go out, but, well... you can't accuse Lee of being afraid to burn this bridge, anyway.

Dave
Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

After contemplating, that was quite high-schoolish and not very cool. I have eliminated that part from my post. I guess I was having a bad morning but what I said is really only part of the reason. Really, SC is not a place for me and doesn't fit with my real passions in sports anymore so I choose not to participate here any longer. There's not really enough people here to maintain a discussion about canadian football or hockey. Marc does bother me, but I did go overboard. I apologize to those I offended and to those I made myself look like a fool to.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:38 AM   #9
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

dirtywhiteboy is on a distinguished road

Thought he was done?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #10
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Lee! This was quite a surprise... I have you to thank for a great deal of which no one else knows about, but I would like to point out that you really saved my @$$ actually a couple of times and for that I could never be mad at you.
But what is the issue with Marc? This totally puzzles me... I didn't see the post before you edited it, but I just couldn't imagine Marc doing anything truly worthy of any animosity.
So there must be a whole lot more to the story than is presented here... therefore I will withhold any snap judgements and say hey man... no one says you have to post here a whole lot.. take some time away if you're not into it at the moment, but I just don't see a reason to burn your bridges? Remember all the hours you've accumulated interacting with SC members and how this has affected your life, maybe you could call it a waste of time but how many smiles has it brought you? If you think honestly, could you not say that Sports Central has lifted your spirits on more than one occasion?
Old 03-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #11
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road

DeMarcus, what have you done this time?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #12
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, that rant about Marc kind of came out of no where.

It was a bad way to end your last thread by going crazy and then just take it all back.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
yankeepollock15
Rookie Player

yankeepollock15 is on a distinguished road

sounds like there was more to read than the eye can see....
Closed Thread