Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #61
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
I was high and actting stupid..
I hope sayin' you were high was a figure of speach, G...

You're 13 & better not be messin' with things meant for adults decisions. Be clean & smart, not high & stupid....
Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 AM   #62
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Never knew a discussion about which quarterback was better than another could become so passionate!

Passionate is OK, but this is starting to border on nasty. So please everyone, let's calm down so we can keep this thread open.

On that note, allow me to chime in and once again voice my favorite objection to the whole process of doling out these awards: Since when should what happens in the playoffs not count? All of these awards - including Coach of the Year - shouldn't be handed out until the week between the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:11 AM   #63
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony

Passionate is OK, but this is starting to border on nasty.
Yea, I was a bit off topic there with my response to hearing a 13 year old brag of being high. I didn't mean to let my values muddy up the thread. G's a bright kid & I'm sure he knows what I meant & that it wasn't intended to be nasty in nature.

Thanks for helping keep me in line, Anthony....
Old 01-07-2005, 07:35 PM   #64
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

I couldn't seem to come up with the right word..... Just tired and wanted to get my point across.
gconnhokiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #65
gconnhokiebird

and of course i was messing around, lighten up man. People take things to seriously.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #66
gconnhokiebird

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
Reading that just makes me laugh. I guess I need to be more serious. I still won't put Roethilsberger on my list or put Brady high, I'm just not the kind of person that just believes what the media tells me. Anyway heres my real list

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan Mcnabb
3. Mike Vick
4. Daunte Culpeper
5. Pennington
6. Bret Farve
7. Drew Bledsoe
8. Matt Hassleback
9. Tom Brady
10. Aaron Brooks
11. Marc Bulger
12. Drew Brees

I think everyone is really forgetting what Chad Pennington is capable of. He's had a couple of shaky last games but it happens. Will see. People need to think for themselves alittle bit more. Why is Marc Bulger on no lists? He's been pretty good hasn't he? and don't tell me I'm watching a differnt game b/c I can almost guarentee not many of you see the Rams or Saints or Seahawks.
Pennington was very strong yesterday, yet I was very impressed with Drew Brees also. Matt Hassleback and Marc Bulger both had very big games, the secondaries wern't great but they still deserve credit.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #67
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Gconn, there's this fabulous new invention. It's called the "Edit" button. It means, you don't have to make three posts in a row. I know I've warned you about doing this before.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #68
gconnhokiebird

Alright sorry, but why do you have to get all smart about it like "fabulous new invention" its not funny and thats the kind of stuff I've kind of gotten pounded with. I except that posting 3 times in a row is stupid, but the last one was on a whole different topic than the 1st two, and on a different day.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:41 AM   #69
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

It may not be funny to YOU....

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #70
gconnhokiebird

who is it funny to than. I think this is the stuff Mad is talking about, just do your buisness and go on, big whoop.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #71
ESP0704
All-Star Player

ESP0704 is on a distinguished road

Brad:

Thanks for the kind words about my football knowledge, and about my Warrick Dunn column.

Are you sure I can't put Steve McNair on my list?
OK (disappointment)

OK, here's my list.

1) Manning (duh!). If he had tried a little harder to pad his stats, or if he needed to, he could have had 55 TDs and 5,000 yards.
2) Culpepper. Even without his best receiver for five games, he still racked up the second-best passer rating ever.
3) McNabb. For the first time, he had a legit No. 1 receiver and it showed. But TO doesn't deserve all the credit.
4) Vick. I'm generally not a fan of running QBs, but the Falcons are a less-than-mediocre team without him; and a playoff team with him.
5) Brady. A few contributors on this thread have said he's just a clutch QB. I agree. That's why he's in my top 5.
6) Brees. A tremendous season. I'm waiting to see him do it again before I put him in the top 5.
7) Favre. Everyone is making a lot out of his age, but the fact is, the Packers receivers have slipped and the defense sometimes leaves him in positions where he has to throw, which leads to Ints.
8) Roethlisberger. He might throw the ball only 20-25 times a game, but that's taking the entire game into account. The Steelers throw a lot early in games and Big Ben has played well. Then, once things are wrapped up, Pittsburgh goes into running mode, which makes it look like the Steelers are a running team, when their offense is actually pretty balanced.
9) Bulger. This could be a case of less is more. His big criticism is that he throws too many picks, but if he didn't have to carry the Rams offense, that INT number might come down.
10) Pennington. He still looks pretty good, even with the messed up arm. Gutsy performance this year.
11) Leftwich. I like this guy's arm; love his heart.
12) Green. I'm just thinkin'. Wouldn't it be something if we took KC's offense and combined it with the Redskins' defense? Boy, that'd be a great team.
Near misses: Delhomme and Plummer (either could have made this list if they cut down on their INTs.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #72
ghostofSC
All-Star Player

ghostofSC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers fan View Post
Thank you. I have found somebody that agrees with me on Brady. I cant stand it when people put him as one of the elite Qbs in the league. He just has a great team around him. He wouldnt even have this great career if Mo Lewis injured Bledsoe 4 years ago when the Jets played thme that was such a gift and that hit on Drew saved their franchise. Brady is clucth but thats about it. He is not a top 5 qb at all.
I love going through five and six year old posts.

Not mentioned here is that bombers fan thought these things were overrated as well in 2005:

- iPods
- Apple stock in general
- Facebook
- the appeal of 2 1/2 Men
- The Twilight books
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #73
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
I love going through five and six year old posts.

I'd say that's mighty "ghostly" of you.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote