Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Gore Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Former Vice President Al Gore was nominated for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his wide-reaching efforts to draw the world’s attention to the dangers of global warming.

“A prerequisite for winning the Nobel Peace Prize is making a difference, and Al Gore has made a difference,” Conservative Member of Parliament Boerge Brende, a former minister of environment and then of trade, told The Associated Press.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16920923/

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Perhaps you'd care to illuminate one single measure of peace the former vice president has achieved on his own?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Perhaps you'd care to illuminate one single measure of peace the former vice president has achieved on his own?
- Al Gore, like no other, has put climate change on the agenda...climate change is the biggest challenge we face in this century
- Pursued innovative ideas in arms control during the Cold War that led to sharp reductions in weapons.
- Sponsored key legislation to stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology to third world countries.
- Authored National Oragan Transplant act, helping link donors and recipients.
- Helped pass Cigarette Labeling Act to require tougher warning labels on health effects of smoking.
- Sponsored Legislation to strengthen rural hospitals.
- Sponsor of Health Fairs program to provide free medical check-ups at sites around the country.

I could go on for 10 pages if you like, let me know when you are satisfied.

Think Fresh.

Last edited by CKFresh; 02-02-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

Perhaps you should include him on your list of politicians to pray to IntheNet
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
- Al Gore, like no other, has put climate change on the agenda...climate change is the biggest challenge we face in this century
- Pursued innovative ideas in arms control during the Cold War that led to sharp reductions in weapons.
- Sponsored key legislation to stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology to third world countries.
- Authored National Oragan Transplant act, helping link donors and recipients.
- Helped pass Cigarette Labeling Act to require tougher warning labels on health effects of smoking.
- Sponsored Legislation to strengthen rural hospitals.
- Sponsor of Health Fairs program to provide free medical check-ups at sites around the country..
Not one of those "things" has anything at all to do with PEACE!

Not one!

Do you know what the word "PEACE" means?

Hell...Jesse Jackson has done more toward PEACE than Gore...by a factor of 10:1! So has George Bush!

"Helped pass Cigarette Labeling Act..." Cigarettes? What's that got to do with peace?
"Sponsor of Health Fairs program..." Health care? What's that got to do with peace?

I really think you lack the meaning here...

Want a good candidate for the Peace prize? Try Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, George Bush, Connie Rice, etc. etc. etc.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

led to sharp reductions in weapons.
stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology

Can you read? Don't you think reduction of weapons among our enemies leads to peace? DOesn't stopping 3rd world countries from obtaining nukes lead to peace?

I get it, you were kidding in your last post. No way anyone is that insanely stupid.

Think Fresh.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

The guy has quite the hard on for George Bush..mentions him twice in his last post and admits to praying to him.

I can see why he should be nominated for nobel peace prizes...considering the whole "war" thing

what a dunce
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
led to sharp reductions in weapons.
stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology .
Gore had absolutely NOTHING to do with either of the above (they were done by Bubba)...Much as I hate to credit Clinton with anything! Again...explain to me what Gore has done toward peace? (And neither of the above can be credited to Gore unless you link to the story where HE is credited).
Old 02-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
Gore had absolutely NOTHING to do with either of the above (they were done by Bubba)...Much as I hate to credit Clinton with anything! Again...explain to me what Gore has done toward peace? (And neither of the above can be credited to Gore unless you link to the story where HE is credited).
Actually those were things he sponsored or AUTHORED while in congress, before Clinton was president. Sorry, you're wrong again.

Think Fresh.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #10
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Actually those were things he sponsored or AUTHORED while in congress, before Clinton was president. Sorry, you're wrong again.
I am sorry but YOU'LL HAVE TO PROVE IT....

Tell me what Gore specifically did that "led to sharp reductions in weapons." (when and where) and tell me what Gore specifically did to "stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology" (when and where).

You throw these things out CKFresh; prove it...
Old 02-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
(when and where)
"In 1982 he introduced a landmark comprehensive arms control plan that later became one of the central features of the U.S. negotiating position in the START talks; his pioneering proposal to eliminate land-based, multiple-warhead missiles on both sides was adopted between the United States and Russia. In addition, Gore was the author of legislation aimed at stopping the proliferation of nuclear missile technology to Third World countries."

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/npr/l.../bios/gore.htm

Quote:
what Gore specifically did that "led to sharp reductions in weapons."..."stop proliferation of nuclear missile technology"
Well, the START talks are:
"START, officially the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, is a treaty, originally signed by the United States and the Soviet Union, that barred its signatories from deploying more than 6,000 warheads atop a total of 1,600 ICBMs, submarine-launched ballistic missiles, and bombers. Proposed by United States President Ronald Reagan, it was renamed START I after negotiations began on the second START treaty, which became START II. It was signed on July 31, 1991, five months before the collapse of the Soviet Union."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/START_I

Also one more for you, he helped with the peace brought forth by Nelson Mandela in S. Africa and brought the US and Russia to more peaceful terms.

"He led the U.S. delegation to the inauguration of the first freely elected President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, and has worked closely with Russian Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin to build a partnership between the two former adversaries."

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/npr/l.../bios/gore.htm

Now before you say, "I don't trust you source," prove me wrong. Go find your own source that DIRECTLY disproves my source. If you can't do so, then you will prove you are wrong, once again...

Think Fresh.

Last edited by CKFresh; 02-03-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Can you admit that Democrats have done SOME good and Republicans have done SOME bad? I mean seriously, the lack of objectivity in you is scary. FACTS mean nothing when placed in front of you. If my last post replaced the name "GORE" with "BUSH" you would herald Bush as a hero. Gore does it, and he is a terrorist. You are sadly blinded by your biases.

Think Fresh.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
You throw these things out CKFresh; prove it...
I'm sick of doing research of things I already know in order to educate you. PROVE ME WRONG. It's on you now. You can call my sources "liberal," and blah, blah, blah. But you haven't shown any attempt to do this research yourself. I have posted facts, if you don't believe them, the burdon of proof is now on you to show otherwise. But you won't do that, because you are wrong. What I imagine you will do is find some negative story about Gore that is completely unrelated to the issue at hand, in attempt to distort the issue and distract attention away from the truth.

You asked me to find ONE thing that Gore has done to create peace in this world. I have listed several, with sources and full explanations. Now you have two choices, prove me wrong, or admit you are wrong. Funny thing is, you will do neither :finger: :lol:

Think Fresh.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

I will take your silence as a concession. I didn't figure you'd have the balls to come in here and admit to being wrong.

Pathetic.

Think Fresh.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, what you are talking about are situations over a decade old. Why was Mr. Gore not nominated prior to this? Is it that there are such a limited number of potential nominees that they have to reach that far down?
I'm not disputing anything you've said about Mr. Gore here, but this is the guy that insisted he invented the internet and, as a freshman Congressman, spearheaded the Earned Income Credit bill.
I find his claims hard to believe.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote