Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Old 04-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road
Default 86 reasons to hate em

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...d/050412&num=0

Heres a binch of reason to hate those Bo suxs
Like you need anymore
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
Heathen
Don't call it a comeback

Heathen is on a distinguished road

87... smacking the Yankee's in the mouth and winning the World Series.

tumblr | twitter
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

There may be 86 reasons to hate em, but there's one huge reason to love em:

They're the Evil Empire's biggest rival
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I'm bored with them. It's going to be a real pain if the Cubs pull it off this year!.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

That would eliminate everyone's reason to whine, would it not? Well, I guess some would still whine for the sake of doing it though.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
Billy D
Alternative View

ehem...uh, White Sox haven't won a series since 1917 (that's longer than the Red Sox drought)

My PSA for the day. I sent my webmaster a column about this a week ago... when it gets posted, nobody knows
Old 04-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

The Yankees-Red Sox rivalry has now evolved to being an even battle for American League supremacy. Other team's fans no longer pity Sox fans, they are just another team nolw.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #8
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I have to say all the hype of the Sawx and Yanks is tiresome to someone not in NY or Boston. Is anyone else sick of it? They play each other so much during the season and every series is always overhyped.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #9
Billy D
Alternative View

As long as the Red Sox win (and more importantly, the Yanks lose), I'll gladly suffer all the ridiculous hype. If the Yanks win, then the hype gets to me too.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:28 AM   #10
YankeeDoodle
Grizzled Veteran

YankeeDoodle is on a distinguished road

That guy was REALLLLLY, REALLLLLLLLLY running out of reasons. Half of them were bad hygiene/hairstyles, book deals, and documentaries. (Which, I am quite sick of too!)

As a Yankee fan, the rivalry isn't quite as sweet anymore. Sure, Red Sox fans can say, "Oh yeah we need another 20 to catch up to those Yanks...", but c'mon. Even if you don't win another one for awhile, A LOONG WHILE...you can tout that you came from 0-3, swept the WS and choked the Yankees.

But then again the two most ingredients in a typical rivalry is level competition and respect. The first, eh, I guess now it sort of isn't AS lopsided, but the second is something that's more prevelant among players than it is among fans. Especially Red Sox fans, with my bias. WHY do they chant "Yankees Suck" at a Patriots' game?? The Yanks are not within a 1,000 mile radius. Not to mention it is completely unoriginal and as annoying as the tomahawk chop! And there's also a chart that's showed Sox pitchers beaning Yanks more than vice-versa. Hmm...(no, I'm not Oliver Stone)

And baseball rivalries, though ppl on the East Coast may not now, is divisional. It's Cubs-Cardinals in the Midwest; Giants-Dodgers on the West...so really, don't try to shove Yanks-Sox west of the Mississippi because if you ask any Dodger, losing to the Giants is still worse than losing the Yankees!

Chicago. Those fans most be SICK of Bostonians complaining and yacking all the time - Baby Bulls are finally ending that Jordan playoff curse. I don't see Ben Affleck commentating on that OTHER Sox's drought, which is longer.

And who did the Boston Red Sox beat in the 1908 World Series?

The Chicago Cubs. (Except their fans aren't quite as obnoxious...sorry Steve Bartman)

ONE MORE THING...I guess Sox fans feel really good that they won as underdogs. With only the *second* highest payroll in MLB, the highest to have won the World Series, and those homegrown Idiots. At least the Yankee farm system produced Jeter, Posada, Rivera, and Pettite. WHO came out of Boston?

Really, it's a shock that Evil Empire Jr. using the NYY formula haven't won *more* championships!

Last edited by YankeeDoodle; 04-15-2005 at 09:10 PM.
YankeeDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #11
Billy D
Alternative View

Quote:
Originally posted by YankeeDoodle
And there's also a chart that's showed Sox pitchers beaning Yanks more than vice-versa. Hmm...(no, I'm not Oliver Stone)

Really, it's a shock that Evil Empire Jr. using the NYY formula haven't won *more* championships!
hahaha lmao

Welcome to the boards, YD. Great points. I hope that Evil Empire Jr. name sticks w the BoSox
Old 04-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
YankeeDoodle
Grizzled Veteran

YankeeDoodle is on a distinguished road

OK - just so ppl don't think I'm making it all up...it's all in the Stat Box.

http://www.nyyfans.com/article/8368/

Bean Count
-----------RedSox---Yanks
2001-------------9----6
2002------------14----5
2003------------15----9
2004------------25---14
2005-------------5-----0
TOTAL----------68---34

*Almost* 2-1 ratio. 5-0 this year w/o Head Hunter (aka Pedro). So Jeter says that anyone who would do that intentionally would be an idiot...I'll let you guys mull over that. Even Wright when he was going ALLLL over the place didn't hit a dude until his head rang.

(umm...yeah, so I know that the source is from a self-proclaimed "Bronx Bias"...but it's not like it's "the Onion"...I think)

Last edited by YankeeDoodle; 04-16-2005 at 07:36 PM.
YankeeDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #13
G-MenNMetsfan
All-Star Player

G-MenNMetsfan is on a distinguished road

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Since I hate the Red Sox, even before the World Series and even more than the Yankees, this was right up my alley. I just enjoy the following:

9. Cowboy Up

16. Hating Bill Buckner for 18 years.

17. Suddenly forgiving Bill Buckner, as if you haven't loathed every fiber of his soul for the past 18 years.

86. Another Page 2 story on the Red Sox or Yankees? My god, can't you clowns give it up? There are other teams out there, you know. Do you realize the Blue Jays are in first place right now? Even the Devil Rays are ahead of your beloved Red Sox and Yankees. Gimme a break. How 'bout the other Sox? They haven't won since 1917. When's the last time somebody made a documentary on their fans? And how 'bout those Brewers? Off to a 4-2 start? What do your columnists think about their chances this season? But, no ... Red Sox, Red Sox, Red Sox ...
G-MenNMetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:17 AM   #14
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road

Funny that before the RedSox won, they were just a normal cursed team that everybody wanted to win the WS and finally beat the Yankees. Now that they finally win, they are hated just like the Yankees. Go figure...

Well Beantown, welcome to the Evil Empire.
Spikedmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #15
franky
Lost and Confused

franky is on a distinguished road

While there might be 86 reasons to hate the Red Sox, there's probably still more to hate the Yankees.

And, yeah, there are 28 other teams in the league, so we don't need ESPN to televise every single game between the Yankees and Red Sox.
franky is offline   Reply With Quote