Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default Moss in a different light....

Nice article about some positives about Randy Moss. Sure, he's pissed off a lot of us with his antics but it's good to hear about some good things also.

Maybe...just maybe, Randy's startin' to grow up....

Randy Moss opens fruit-juice franchise

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Randy Moss walked behind the counter in a pinstripe suit with a red striped tie, traded his jacket for an apron, took off his sunglasses and went to work - as the owner of a new fruit-juice store.

Making smoothies gave Moss another chance to smooth out a rift with his home state.

Hundreds of people turned out at the recent grand opening of the Inta Juice store in Charleston to get an autograph from the Oakland Raiders receiver and try the product he first tasted while he was with the Minnesota Vikings.

"Am I getting paid for doing this today?" Moss said, flashing a smile.

"Yeah, we've got minimum wage coming to you," replied Berkley Fuller, executive vice president and chief business development officer of the Fort Collins, Colo., based Inta Juice.

The first smoothie Moss made was bought by Joe Burgess of South Charleston for his wife, Carol, who returned a few minutes later to get Moss' autograph on her cup.

"I think it's a great thing that he's doing. It's beneficial for the community," Joe Burgess said. "He's putting his roots back down in West Virginia. Right now, Randy is trying to come back and pay back the community."......

.....But over the years, Moss has held less publicized annual autograph sessions for children in Charleston and has taken several busloads of kids to an Ohio amusement park.

"I think it takes time," said Moss' lawyer, Tim DiPiero. "Actions speak louder than words. We've never had so much positive feedback than we've had from this. You can tell by the turnout that the people are excited.

"I don't think there's any doubt that the healing's been going on for some time and the repair is pretty much finished. I think we're in good shape now. It's all positive."

....A year ago, Moss directed DiPiero to call Inta Juice about bringing a franchise to West Virginia. DiPiero was skeptical at first. So was Fuller.

"My first reaction was a little bit of surprise," Fuller said. "Why is Randy contacting us? What's he interested in?"

Moss went to Colorado to talk with company officials and won them over. Not only did Moss start the process of opening a franchise, he made an undisclosed investment in Inta Juice, earned a seat on the board of directors and became involved in marketing the company.

"I just think it's a good fit," Moss said of opening his store. "We really didn't have anything here in town for the people that tasted like this and being as healthy as it is. So I just thought about investing and bringing it back home."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5733104

Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Who knows, maybe he's turning a corner like Iverson did as he matured. But I'll always have the picture of him squirting the ref with a water bottle. :lol:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Or moonin' in the end zone...
Old 07-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Rembrandt
Rookie Player

Rembrandt is on a distinguished road

lol the mooning was funny
Rembrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Randy Moss will do well in 2006 with Aaron Brooks throwing to him.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I know he'll do better w/ Brooks throwing to him instead of Collins - Brooks can move around better... he's no Cullpepper, but atleast he can move.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #7
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Will this satisfy the self-declared moral guardians?

Nah.

Last edited by Anthony; 07-12-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
I know he'll do better w/ Brooks throwing to him instead of Collins - Brooks can move around better... he's no Cullpepper, but atleast he can move.
Definitely Steve - plus Brooks has the ability (like Collins) to get the ball down the field. For the Raiders' sake, hopefully Brooks can be consistent with his game....
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

QB is the least of Oakland's worries: Their running game (29th in the league in 2005 despite LaMont Jordan's 1,025 yards) and defense (27th a year ago) are both a long way off from enabling the Raiders to mount any kind of realistic playoff run.

And bringing Art Shell back was the best they could do to fill their HC position? If it was such a priority to hire someone who has taken a team to the postseason in the past, isn't Jim Lee Howell still alive? :lol:

Last edited by Anthony; 07-12-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Packers1296
Football Freak

Packers1296 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt
lol the mooning was funny
You wouldnt be saying that if he did it in your teams endzone! :redhot:
Packers1296 is offline   Reply With Quote