Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
bearsjazzfan
Rookie Player

bearsjazzfan is on a distinguished road
Default Please Chicago don't let me down.

It's 7 hours before game time, and I can't sleep because my beloved bears are playing in the Divisional Playoffs against the Seahawks. After past playoff failures I could only ponder if they are setting me up for another
let down. Rex Grossman scares the living **** out of me, I don't know what to expect from him today. You would think a guys whos a fan of a team 13-3 would be more confident but I'm not.

Just for once would I like to pop the bubbly on another playoff victory. Hopefully the monsters of the midway will rise again. The defense hasn't been to impressive in recent weeks. Don't get me wrong I'll be glued to the T.V. tommorow cheering for my beloved team like crazy.
bearsjazzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

:lol:

Welcome to the boards, Bear...

I know what you mean being a life long Bears fan also. Seattle shouldn't pose a major problem if we play like we should. The Bears'll probably lean heavily on the run, which they should as far as ball control & clock management, which should keep Rex out of some trouble but I really believe that letting the game come to him in smaller bursts by relying on the run, we should be alright...

Here's to a great game...:thumbup:
Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
bearsjazzfan
Rookie Player

Thanx Tarkus, Cedric Benson has been looking real good to me as of late, running the ball will be much comfort to Grossman.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:43 AM   #4
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Yea, CB's been runnin' like a man possessed. I'd like to see him on the field at least 50% of the time for that good mix & diversity of the running styles of TJ & CB...

Key will be the Ds reaction early. We can't put pressure on Rex too soon by lettin' the 'hawks get on top by much, if at all, early in the game. We come out in sync & firin', we should set the tempo & keep Rex from being the focus. We don't play well from behind as you well know.

Hasselback is prone to gettin' rattled & we rattled him good earlier in the year. Time to do it again, wouldn't you say?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

First, I'd like to welcome you to our community, bearsjazzfan. :wavey:

And second, allow me to add that, for at least the next two weeks anyway, I share your love for the Bears.

Why?

Well Brian Urlacher did go to the University of New Mexico - and truth be told I have quite a few friends in Albuquerque.

But that's not the real reason. So what is?

Eleven teams who lost in the divisional playoffs one year have won the Super Bowl the following year - and of those eleven teams only one lost their divisional playoff game to the team who eventually won the Super Bowl that season (the Giants won Super Bowl XXI the year after losing 21-0 in the divisional playoffs to the Bears, who had won Super Bowl XX).

So my rooting agenda for the rest of these playoffs is ABNO - Anybody But New Orleans! And the Bears would have a much better chance than Seattle would of winning the NFC championship game next week, for any number of reasons. If the Bears can come through, it will greatly increase the chances of the Eagles winning Super Bowl XLII.

So, GO BEARS!

Last edited by Anthony; 01-14-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Welcome from here in Seattle as well! Good luck, but I hate the Bears because I am a Lions fan first. So far in this game the Lions played the Bears much better than Seattle is right now. But the game does consist of 4 qtrs!

GO HAWKS!
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
bearsjazzfan
Rookie Player

Robbie Gould, it's goooood whoohooo!!! Thanx Bears for making my day.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

What a kick. Good job by the bears gutting it out. Next up Nawlins Good luck.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Go Bears!

And if they do win all the drinks are on me that night.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsjazzfan View Post
Robbie Gould, it's goooood whoohooo!!! Thanx Bears for making my day.
That they did. It turned out to be a great Sunday after they gave me a few heart attacks...