Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 11-24-2004, 02:31 PM   #16
FMHornet
All-Star Player

FMHornet is on a distinguished road

With no season we will remain Stanley Cup Champs!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #17
New York Man
Sports Enthusiast

New York Man is on a distinguished road

The Rangers will be good in about three years. Patience my fellow Ranger fans.
New York Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #18
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

HAHAHA heres a quote for you that i thought all rangers fans would like.

"If I had the Rangers budget I'd never lose a game." - Glen Sather, GM Edmonton Oilers

Face it the Rangers are not a good team buddy. Not now and not in 3 years. They havent made playoffs in 9 years. The devils won the same amount of stanley cups as they did in 9 years compared to the eternity it took the rangers to do that. Also when they won the cuo in the 90's that nded like a 50 year drought or something. Im sorry man but you should enjoy a lock out because once they start playing its gonna be a long and painful winter for all you ranger fans." And know i am not glad that their is a lock out i miss watching the Rangers get demolished by the Devils."
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:44 AM   #19
Icon
Rookie Player

Icon is on a distinguished road

Sorry Ranger fans, but the reality is that talking about the future of your team is about as worthwhile as planning a Stanley Cup parade route in Toronto. It's a dream that just isn't coming true anytime soon. So, yes right now, the Devils have a better roster.

And really, the future doesn't look so good right now for the Rangers. Their farm team in Hartford is playing very well, but many of the top prospects just are not getting the job done. Jozef Balej has just 11 points. At the other end, Zach Parise and Aleksander Suglobov each have 20 points in Albany and the River Rats are scoring more goals than Hartford.

If the Rats could play defense, they would be right up there in the standings with Hartford. Thus, we come to the Rangers' one tru advantage when discussing the future: goaltending. With Jason LeBarbera already dominating the American League, and Al Montoya coming through the system next, the Rangers will be set in goal long after Martin Brodeur is gone from New Jersey.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote