Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 09-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default Week 3

Patriots had a ruff 1st quarter when Brady fumbled on the 1 yard line... but then regrouped and scored 35 un-answered points to go on and beat Buffalo 38-7.

Congrats to Brett Favre (I watched this game) for tieing Marino's TD record. Wow... what a win for Green Bay over San Diego. Like I called before the season (yeah... I never have good calls but this is one)... Norv Turner is going to run SD into the ground.

What's up with Baltmiore barely beating Arizona?

The Steelers beat SF... again, I'm not completely sold on this team yet.

That's about all I have for now...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

There must be some raunchy, wild sex tape featuring Lovie Smith....and Rex Grossman must have it. I have no other explaination for Smith's loyalty in sticking with this guy. He MUST have SOMETHING on him.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I know its only week 3 but there are alot of teams out there that look like crap. I only see about 6 teams that look good.
1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Cowboys
4. Packers
5. Jacksonville (I watched this game and was inpressed with their "D" and Garrard)
6. Pittsburgh (again they haven't played anyone decent and they have a CAKE schedule... of course if SD keeps running into the ground one could argue New England hasn't played anyone decent either!)

Teams I thought would be good but look horrible:
1. Bengals (Losing to the Browns was one thing... I figured they would shake it off... now they lost to a team in the weak-ass NFC west!!)
2. Chargers (Norv Turner, Norv Turner, Norv Turner)
3. Bears (This is just stupid... why waste the season with Rex?)
4. Saints (I picked them to turn it around tonight - if they do, I'll take them off the list)
5. Denver (they got some lucky wins weeks 1 & 2... I thought they would prove themselves against Jax but I was wrong... )
6. Eagles (they showed up yesterday but will they be consistent?)
7. Baltimore (just barely beating Arizona = you suck)
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Baltimore (just barely beating Arizona = you suck
If Arizona would have had Kurt Warner under center for the entire game, the Baltimore Ravens would have lost on Sunday.

As far as the Kansas City Chiefs are concerned...Damon Huard played well once again, Dwayne Bowe looks like a quality rookie receiver and it made a huge difference defensively having Jared Allen back in the line-up from his two game suspension. And the early season home game with Minnesota was one of the few games this season that Kansas City was expected to win, but doing so in such an unconvincing fashion doesn't give me a lot of hope for the rest of this season.

Also, Larry Johnson has only 140 yards on 50 carries in three games. Maybe he should have held out a little longer...at least until Kansas City got an offensive line together.

I wonder who's fantasy team he is hurting?
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
If Arizona would have had Kurt Warner under center for the entire game, the Baltimore Ravens would have lost on Sunday.

As far as the Kansas City Chiefs are concerned...Damon Huard played well once again, Dwayne Bowe looks like a quality rookie receiver and it made a huge difference defensively having Jared Allen back in the line-up from his two game suspension. And the early season home game with Minnesota was one of the few games this season that Kansas City was expected to win, but doing so in such an unconvincing fashion doesn't give me a lot of hope for the rest of this season.

Also, Larry Johnson has only 140 yards on 50 carries in three games. Maybe he should have held out a little longer...at least until Kansas City got an offensive line together.

I wonder who's fantasy team he is hurting?
He is definitely hurting mine. As a matter of fact, in 3 of my 4 leagues I held the #1, 2, and 3 picks and took LT, Steven Jackson, and LJ...none of whom are playing the way they should so far. Big surprise I am not doing good in any of those leagues.

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Steve, aside from schedule, what's not to like about the Steelers? They're doing everything they want to do. And, relatively easily. Yeah, they haven't played the best teams in the league, but... who on your top 6 list has?

The Pats have played The Jets (who are mediocre, AND they were caught cheating), the Norv Turners (who may get to .500, but I'm starting to doubt it), and the Bills, who suck, and who Pittsburgh beat up on first.

The Colts had their statement game out of the gate, and have reverted to the so-so form they exhibited during most of last season. Good enough to win games, but... kinda blah.

The 'Boys look good on offense, but their defense, against a real O, I think is highly suspect. Last night's game shouldn't be the proof in that defensive pudding, and we all know why.

I like that Favre looks determined to go a winner, but... it's Favre. The only thing that would make me trust this team less is if Warner, Rodgers or Alex Smith were their QB.

I think Jacksonville is toast. Del Rio is fired at year's end. I believe this completely. They won yesterday but will be lucky to win more than six games.

My top six includes most of the same teams, but in a different order:
NE
Pitt
Indy
Dal
GB
Sea/Hou/Car (I can't decide between these three)
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

Exactly what about the Jags make you think they are toast and will go 4-11 the rest of the way Dave?

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro

Last edited by Jeff Levers; 09-25-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:03 AM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
Steve, aside from schedule, what's not to like about the Steelers? They're doing everything they want to do. And, relatively easily. Yeah, they haven't played the best teams in the league, but... who on your top 6 list has?
True... I guess the thing that separates the Patriots from the Steelers would be that the Patriots are winning by 24 points or so. But the more I watch NFL primetime and stuff, I'm starting to believe that "yeah, they are as good as people think". So I'll prob back off my statements about them "not playing anyone impressive, ect."
I like your Houston pick - I think they look great. But I was suprised to see Seattle and Carolina lumped in there with them? I think maybe I've been picking on Seattle a little too much (can you tell I have NO respect for the NFC?) but Carolina? What could you possible see in them? Maybe I have not watched enough highlights? Just curious?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

This season has been wacky with most of the supposed contenders flopping, sans New England. I know it's early, but it's an amazing feeling to have your team (GB) winning again and see it slowly gaining respect again. They are only going to get better as the young talent improves. If Favre can continue to hold on to the ball and the defense play well, the only thing lacking is a run game. But I think GB can beat Minnesota and improve to 4-0 ... then it's on to the wobbly Bears.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 AM   #10
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Only one team that averaged less than 100 yards rushing per game during the regular season has ever won the Super Bowl - the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Patriots QB Tom Brady has 10 touchdown passes this season and has thrown three or more touchdowns in each game -- with three apiece against the Jets and Chargers, and four against the Bills.

On Monday night against Cincinnati, Brady can become just the third quarterback in NFL history to throw three or more touchdowns in the first four games of a season.

The others?

Kurt Warner in 1999 and Steve Young in 1998.
Hard to believe Manning is not on that list.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #12
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

What stumps me is that the Cards aren't going to start Warner. He got that offense, which has a ton of talent, rolling last week and it is just stupid IMO to leave him on the bench.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #13
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

I hate to make light of a sad situation, but this news blooper was really funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0KmjqabDUU
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote