Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Chad Johnson gives McNabb some love...

Ocho Cinco says McNabb helped him put his team first

Chad Ocho Cinco is crediting Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb with helping him adjust his attitude at the start of training camp.

Ocho Cinco, who had spent the offseason criticizing the Bengals and broadly hinting to the media that he would appreciate a trade out of Cincinnati, said McNabb helped convince him to put his teammates first and forget about his personal disappointments, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Ocho Cinco, calling McNabb a close friend, said McNabb reminded him that while he might feel miserable, millions of people would gladly trade places with him.

"I blew his phone up," Ocho Cinco said Wednesday, according to the Inquirer. "Donovan was a big influence. [He] really is one of the reasons why I really turned myself around and looked at my situation as more of a positive outlook and just thinking about all the people that would love to play this game, you know?

"He took me in that direction, instead of thinking about, 'Oh, I'm tired of losing and I don't want to be here anymore,' but just thinking about, 'Man, a lot of people wish they were in your shoes just to have the ability to play in the NFL.' That kind of turned me around, and that's why I've been as positive as I have been this year, and even though we're losing, man, I've just been plugging away."

McNabb was not alone in helping Ocho Cinco get focused on football. Earlier this season, Ray Lewis said he also counseled Ocho Cinco spiritually.

"What I told him is just whatever you have going on, think of God," Lewis told reporters at the time. "Let God deal with that. Just understand that you're a role model for so many people. So many young kids want to be in the position you're in. They want to follow Chad Johnson."

ESPN.com News Services

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3700013

Some sorta self-help group for millionaires? And how bad is your life if you get “spiritual advice” from Ray Lewis?

:silly:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Yeah, Ocho is loco...

Either way, he's been better behaved this year. Meanwhile, his numbers are terrible.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Accepting advice from Donovan McNabb on being a better team player?

That's like accepting advice from Bill Clinton on being a more faithful husband.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Kind of odd he talks to McNabb and suddenly has a whole new outlook on things. But if it works, it works, no one's complaining.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote