Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Pyro
Sports Enthusiast

Pyro is on a distinguished road
Question Where will Amare go?

The hottest name in trade rumors lately has been Amare Stoudemire, and it appears every team's making a bid for him (as they should). Where do you think he'll end up? Portland? I heard they offered LaMarcus Aldridge and Jarryd Bayless.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
The hottest name in trade rumors lately has been Amare Stoudemire, and it appears every team's making a bid for him (as they should). Where do you think he'll end up? Portland? I heard they offered LaMarcus Aldridge and Jarryd Bayless.
I commented in another thread that he's pretty much useless and needs his butt kicked. If Riley could get to his former teammate, Marion, and turn him into something that resembles discipline I suppose Miami could take a chance on him. I'm not sure how much patience Riley has left for the younger crowd though.

You have to worry about his fragile psyche as well. If he doesn't get his touches he won't be happy. He needs to be either a #1 or a #2 at worst if he's going to fit in.

Personally, I don't know where he'll go but I wouldn't want him on my squad.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Pyro
Sports Enthusiast

Arrow Thunder interested in Amare; looking to trade Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oklahoman
The Thunder have reportedly entered the Amare Stoudemire sweepstakes, and are also looking to find a taker for reserve point guard Earl Watson.

Oklahoma City has the proper mix of expiring contracts, draft picks and young talent to acquire from Phoenix.

Meanwhile, Watson is making $6.2 million this season and will earn $6.6 million in 2009-10.
SOURCE: Click Here!

Chris Wilcox, Jeff Green, picks, and perhaps Watson or another filler for Amare? The Suns wouldn't be getting a great player in return for STAT, but they'd get some cap relief, future picks, and a young player to build with, all things you look for when you're starting a franchise over.

Who would be interested in Watson? Orlando, for one of their shooting guards? I think they've got Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee, J.J. Redick, and Keith Bogans, so OKC could probably nab one of them.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I don't see Magic dealing Lee or Pietrus and they already dealt Bogans to the Bucks for Tyronn Lue.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Pyro
Sports Enthusiast

Arrow Cavaliers interested in STAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plain Dealer
According to multiple league sources, the Cavaliers have had talks with the Suns regarding a trade for All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

The two teams have discussed various packages that would work, including expiring contracts, draft picks, cash and young players, like rookie J.J. Hickson.

Cleveland, however, is hesitant because they don't want to alter their chemistry after a strong first half of the season.

I just hope they don't give up too much. As long as they don't give up Williams, they should be able to maintain some good chemistry. I don't see the Cavs being able to put together a solid deal, they've got expirers but they don't have a good player that could help out the Suns now. I don't see a deal being made.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post

I just hope they don't give up too much. As long as they don't give up Williams, they should be able to maintain some good chemistry. I don't see the Cavs being able to put together a solid deal, they've got expirers but they don't have a good player that could help out the Suns now. I don't see a deal being made.
Intriguing, if he can co-exist with LeBron being the No. 1 option. I also doubt they have enough to offer the Suns for Amare. But GM Kerr seems content with continuing to dismantle the Suns, so Amare is likely to leave for somewhere.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Marc
Administrator

If the Suns deal a proven star like Amare for young talent and picks, it's really a slap in the face to Steve Nash and the remaining pieces of their D'Antoni-era teams. I kind of feel bad for Nash; it's all disintegrating around him.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #8
Master
Rookie my donkey

Master is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
If the Suns deal a proven star like Amare for young talent and picks, it's really a slap in the face to Steve Nash and the remaining pieces of their D'Antoni-era teams. I kind of feel bad for Nash; it's all disintegrating around him.
couldn't have said that better.
I don't see any better option for Amar'e at the moment. I hope he stays put. Get Coach Porter out of there and someone in who has some inkling of D'Antoni's style to get Nash and Stoudemire energized again. Those two made a wicked combo not so long ago.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

From the sounds of things it looks like Kerr decided to dump Porter in lieu of trading Amare.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Marc
Administrator

Now Amare is out for the year with a detached retina (ouch)...

So in essence, with all the trade rumors surrounding him, it's like they traded him for nothing.

Can the Suns even make the postseason now? I say maybe as a 7th- or 8th-seed if Shaq stays healthy.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
mthm142
Who's the Rookie???

mthm142 is on a distinguished road

He is to fragile. Who trades much for him at all? He is a very good player when he is healthy, just hasn't been the same since that first great season that he had benefiting from having Steve Nashty dealing out those sweet passes that made him look even better. If he can run, he is good, just would not waste a draft pick on a trade or anything better than your 11 and 12 men on the bench.
mthm142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #12
Master
Rookie my donkey

Master is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Now Amare is out for the year with a detached retina (ouch)...

So in essence, with all the trade rumors surrounding him, it's like they traded him for nothing.

Can the Suns even make the postseason now? I say maybe as a 7th- or 8th-seed if Shaq stays healthy.
I know! detached retina.... wtf? that somehow just sounds more painful and cringeworthy than a lot of other injuries.

I doubt Steve Kerr is sleeping very well these nights.
Phoenix had a good thing going there for a while.
With Amare out for the year, they'll either fall short or get knocked out in the first round.
We'll see what's up next year. I hope Shaq moves though. I'd like to see him on LA's bench, but that's probably a pipe dream.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote