Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Pyro
Sports Enthusiast

Pyro is on a distinguished road
Talking Memphis could acquire Beasley in three-team deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Commercial Appeal
Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns’ proposal.

“We had conversations,” Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. “But there is no deal on the table. I think they’ll go somewhere else.”

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.

The likelihood of Stoudemire going to Memphis is slim, but several NBA insiders asserted that Phoenix and Miami would like Memphis to facilitate a deal that would send Stoudemire to join Dwyane Wade. One scenario has the Grizzlies possibly acquiring Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley in the three-way transaction.
SOURCE: Click Here!

Wade and STAT would be a great inside-out combo. Beasley's a perimeter scorer, so a big like Stoudemire would be a better complement to Wade. Phoenix could end up getting two very good young players in Gay and Conley; for Memphis, this deal doesn't make sense. Gay's a terrific guy to have at the 3, and shipping the point guard of the future along with him to only get Beasley in return is a bad deal for them.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Surely the Griz are getting more than just Beasley out of the deal. Beasley is going to be a nice player but his numbers are no better than Hakim Warrick's right now. At least throw Chalmers into the deal.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Wade is a champion while Amare simply doesn't have the stomach or fortitude to get the job done. You have a broken down old man (by most folks account...not mine) out in Phoenix who has to guard the opponents' main offensive big while Amare flares his way to a stat-filled hollow effort.

Watched the whole game last night. Sideshow Bob had Amare shooting jumpers from 15 all evening long.

Pathetic.

If Phoenix was smart they would simply start over. The only players they have on that roster who are winners would be Shaq, J-Rich and Matt Barnes.

The rest wear diapers.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

How is Jason Richardson a winner?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
How is Jason Richardson a winner?
It's him against the world. Same goes for Barnes. Winning a title isn't some Mr. Nice competition for most folks/teams in this league unless you have machinelike fundamentals and discipline like the Spurs.

That's why guys like Dirk, Amare, J-Kidd and Nash are bums.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

Jermaine O'Neal goes to the Heat for Shawn Marion. I like the move for both teams. Marion/Beasley seemed to overlap and O'Neal/Bosh seem to as well.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Could be a sign that Toronto is giving up on the year and just wanted Marion's expiring contract.

I am not sure it is going to be a huge difference maker for the Heat as I am not convinced O'Neal ahs enough left in the tank to be a game changer on a regular basis any more.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Could be a sign that Toronto is giving up on the year and just wanted Marion's expiring contract.

I am not sure it is going to be a huge difference maker for the Heat as I am not convinced O'Neal ahs enough left in the tank to be a game changer on a regular basis any more.
He isn't going to be used in that role though.

He's going to be asked to play D and rebound. Marion never fit in down there and the Heat had to get something for him.