Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The ESPN/USA Today Poll is out and it... (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=11048)

gconnhokiebird 11-22-2004 07:25 PM

I forgot that Utah whipped Texas ANM, thats pretty impressive, I wanna see em play more than i want to see texas anyway, so put em' in.

tigereyes33 11-23-2004 08:37 AM

I don't care what the spread is, I'm just saying we are just flat out going to take care of business and not lose, and with the way Oklahoma has played in a few of their games, I cannot say the same for them.

KevinBeane 11-23-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tigereyes33
I don't care what the spread is, I'm just saying we are just flat out going to take care of business and not lose, and with the way Oklahoma has played in a few of their games, I cannot say the same for them.
I don't know what would happen if Auburn played Oklahoma - I could go either way - but as far as taking care of business goes, both team have played 2 games that were decided by 8 points of less, but BOTH of Oklahoma's were on the road, and BOTH were against ranked teams....Auburn can say neither. So there's probably a Sooner out there saying the same thing you are, with Oklahoma and Auburn reversed.

tigereyes33 11-23-2004 03:31 PM

No, it's pretty simple. Defense wins championships and we have one, and OU does not. And, Alabama scored on a cheap 4th down hail mary TD with about 2 minutes left to cut the Auburn lead to 21-13. And, this game was more of a dominant win than OU's over K-State. OU's other 2 wins by under 8 points were in doubt the entire game. Auburn has only almost lost once because we have a dominant defense that shows up every single week and Oklahoma does not. Plain and simple. The offenses are comparitive, but the defenses really are not. That is why, I believe OU has a better shot at losing to sorry Iowa State, than we have of losing to UT, because we have a MUCH better defense (#1 scoring D in the nation).

tigereyes33 11-23-2004 04:05 PM

I just think it would be sweet to see OU left out of the Orange Bowl, and have to play Utah, because Utah would pick apart that pathetic OU pass defense and I think the Utes would win by double digits.

Alex 11-23-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tigereyes33
No, it's pretty simple. Defense wins championships and we have one, and OU does not.
I can point to a team that refutes that statement.

buckeyefan78 11-23-2004 06:40 PM

Are you living under a rock? According to EVERYONE in the media who crunches the numbers, if all 3 of the big boys win out, Auburn has little to NO chance at all of going to the Orange Bowl. The SOS did them in. Time to call up The Citadel and ask for a game in 2005. Perhaps I should go down to Youngstown State and see if they have an opening. I'm sure Auburn would win by 70.

tigereyes33 11-24-2004 01:53 PM

Or perhaps you can call Bowling Green and ask them why they bailed on us, and Clemson too, causing us to have to scramble at the last minute and put in The Citadel and La. Tech on there. Buckeye, we got screwed by them. And, personally, I think it is a big sack of **** about OOC scheduling being the reason. It is because they are the great OU and USC, and we are Auburn. It is because of their names and their preseason rankings IMO. So now, everyone is so impressed with OU's OOC win over Bowling Green. Even if we had Bowling Green (ranked) and Clemson on our schedule instead of La. Tech and The Citadel we would still be #3. We might get screwed over, but we are going to take it out on whatever inferior Big East or ACC team we play in Nawlins, plus, I won't be too upset, hell I'll take a Sugar Bowl win. So, Buckeye, you can stop trying to get under my skin about the whole thing because it really isn't bothering me anymore, plus we'd whoop your team's ass anytime anywhere.

Gohawks 11-24-2004 07:01 PM

LMAO BUCKEYE that was funny

gconnhokiebird 11-25-2004 01:16 AM

quit kissing his ass in every thread.