Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What position did you play? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=3279)

Hoosier 1 02-23-2002 08:43 AM

What position did you play?

As I have said before, most of us play or have played sports at one time or another. If so, what position did you play? And why?

Baseball - I played first base and the outfield. Being left - handed, as we all know, limits your choices in baseball. I am a natural right - handed batter, but developed into a decent switch - hitter.

Basketball - I played Point Gaurd. I just wasn't big enough to play the inside game

Marc 02-23-2002 09:44 AM

In basketball, I play small forward - although I've had to play power forward since I'm the second tallest guy on their team. :o

air_canada 02-23-2002 09:47 AM

I've only ever played organized soccer and basketball, besides road hockey and pickup football. I played left wing in soccer, and in basketball I guess I'm shooting guard. In road hockey I always play goalie. In football I play either wide receiver or running back.

lmanchur. 02-23-2002 10:41 AM

Hockey -- right wing (with a left-handed shot, that's a wicked combo 'cuz you can go for the shortside on a breakaway ;) )

Basketball -- forward

I never played any other sports competitively but if I did, I'd wanna play centerfield in baseball and wide receiver in football.

bostonsportsfan 02-23-2002 01:36 PM

Baseball: 1B and P
Football: OLB and FB
Basketball: PF and some C

Nate 02-23-2002 01:54 PM

Baseball: 1B, C
Basketball: PF, C

NickHammy 02-23-2002 08:21 PM

Baseball- Pitcher :)
Hockey-Goalie
Football-WR

icas 02-24-2002 06:51 AM

soccer - forward and fullback... mainly fullback though because i was a speedy(not a brag either) player on my teams so i could cut off the defender if he got by someone or even still have a chance if he got by me... and forward because i was able to use my speed to my advantage in getting break away shots... 10 years of this...

hockey - goalie or center... i was the starting goalie in one league, and in another i was the back-up so i usually played center for that one...

baseball- outfielder and 3rd base... usually outfield though, i didn't even like the outfield but got stuck there anyways lol...

basketball... i was a point guard... too small to do anything else

track - 800, mile, 2 mile and next year in college i'll be doing the 10k

Brandon 02-25-2002 12:33 AM

I played PF in basketball. In baseball, I was pretty much an OF, except for a couple games at 3B, my favorite position.

air_canada 02-25-2002 05:03 PM

I noticed a lot of you played PF in basketball. This is weird because most people I know are guard-sized. This must mean that in comparison to the people in your surroundings (your team) you are pretty tall. That's interesting.

Marc 02-25-2002 07:40 PM

I guess I'll also throw in that when I played soccer, it was at the fullback position and in football, I was a linebacker/defensive end.

lmanchur. 02-25-2002 10:25 PM

I'm 5'8" but on my team.. i'm the 4th tallest and have a decent jumper so that's why I'm at forward.

SC-Jared 03-03-2002 01:18 PM

I'm 6'0'', but in High School hoops these days, that aint tall, so I actually play Small Forward for my team.

Baseball wise, I play a mean third base.

Never played hockey nor soccer.

I also play golf.