Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   McCain's Pastor Disaster (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=19866)

CKFresh 05-25-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 280757)
CK do you think this is enough to re-rail Johnny Mac?

I'm not sure what you mean by "re-rail," (sorry, I'm just a kid :P).

I'm assuming that means, hurt his campaign enough to cause a Democratic victory... If that's what you mean, then no. I haven't seen much coverage at all on the "liberal" media. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't think many people find these words that offensive. As some posters here have shown, there may be a lot of people in this country that feel the religion of Islam needs to be "destroyed."

Tarkus 05-25-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 280747)
The very existence of this thread is a classic example of a phenomenon Bill O'Reilly delights in drawing attention to: Using one person's bad behavior to justify someone else's bad behavior - as if John Hagee and Rod Parsley's rants somehow "cancel out" those of Jeremiah Wright.

**Segue Alert**

If you take this point that you just stated & amble over to the "Foot In Mouth" thread, we'll be on the same team after all. :thumbup:

Anthony 05-25-2008 11:57 PM

Well check out my latest post on that thread, Tarkus.

And as ugly as this discussion has turned at times, it serves as a veritable microcosm of why Barack Obama is absolutely, positively unelectable in November: His supporters insist on portraying everyone who disagrees with them as mental midgets. People resent being talked down to like that - and the results of the Democratic primaries in states like Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Kentucky bear this out.

The high horse that the far left has chosen to mount is sure to finish out of the money.

Anthony 05-26-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 280756)
Yeah, ask Native Americans if the United States has a "right to exist." When a group of people set up shop in the middle of your region, on land that you consider "holy," it usually doesn't end up in friendship...

The Jews had been living on that land dating back to about 1,200 B.C. Islam wasn't even founded until the 7th Century A.D.

And the Arabs could have stopped the Jews from "setting up shop in the middle of their region," simply by doing the same thing that their erstwhile colonial masters, the Turks, did during World War II: Remain neutral. The Peace of Westphalia, which ended the Thirty Years' War in 1648, established the precedent that in no case can any country that remains neutral during a war ever be deprived of territory pursuant to the peace settlement ending that war (not only that, but neutral Denmark actually gained the northern half of the province of Schleswig from Germany under the Versailles Treaty, which ended World War I). But no; the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, figuring that if the Nazis won World War II, there would be no Jews to have to share Palestine with, entered the war on the side of the Axis. Well the mufti, who was also Yasser Arafat's uncle, bet on the wrong horse - and ever since the Arabs have been stalking the mutuel window, demanding their money back.

Quote:

And thank G-d people like you weren't in charge 65-70 years ago, because the Japanese and Germans would all be dead, in mass graves... Because you seem to blame all people for the actions of their leaders...

"The Germans allowed Hitler to come to power... let's kill all the Germans."

Well people like me were in charge 65-70 years ago - and today, both the Germans and Japanese are not only very much alive, but kicking our butts in foreign trade (we have massive trade deficits with both), and towering over us in terms of poverty, illiteracy, and infant mortality rates. Seems as if we have lost the peace after winning the war.

Quote:

If you want to join in a holy war against the Muslims, you are no better than the small percentage of muslims that want to kill all westerners.

You are advocating blaming an entire religion, a religion that makes up 19.2 percent of the world's population, for the acts of a few thousand people. You are suggesting that the religion itself is the problem, and in turn implying that they need to be taken out.

Islam is not the problem - militants who blame everything on the west are the problem.

The western world is not the problem - bigots who blame an entire religion and threaten the Muslim world with genocide are the problem.

Well didn't we blame an entire belief system - Communism - during the Cold War?

And how did that struggle end - with the Russians being the victims of an American genocide?

Not exactly.

CKFresh 05-26-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 280792)
Well didn't we blame an entire belief system - Communism - during the Cold War?

And how did that struggle end - with the Russians being the victims of an American genocide?

Not exactly.

That was a mistake too. Blaming the entire belief system - Communism - caused us to enter unnecessary conflicts (most notably Vietnam) due to our paranoia of a harmless economic system. Oh yeah, it and cause millions of people to die unnecessarily.

Let me know where you will be setting up your Islamic concentration camps.

Dano 05-26-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 280765)
I'm not sure what you mean by "re-rail," (sorry, I'm just a kid :P).

I'm assuming that means, hurt his campaign enough to cause a Democratic victory... If that's what you mean, then no. I haven't seen much coverage at all on the "liberal" media. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't think many people find these words that offensive. As some posters here have shown, there may be a lot of people in this country that feel the religion of Islam needs to be "destroyed."

Sorry Kid. A mis spelling on my part. I mean't De-Rail. But you answer was what I was looking for. Thanks.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...20pacifier.jpg

Richard the Lionheart 05-26-2008 09:34 PM

Winston Churchill, one of the most ardent anti-communist politicians in history, never considered the Russian people his enemy, and always offered them the highest praise for their courage and resilency--before, during and after WWII. He, for one, separated the Soviet leadership from the rest of the people of Russia.

Ellis 05-27-2008 07:47 PM

Ten points for the rhyming title; Twenty points if you thought of that yourself; Thirty points if he really does have a pastoral disastoral.

buckeyefan78 05-27-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 280747)
It doesn't agree with your point of view; hence it must have come from a retard - synonym for a person who says or writes "ignorant" things.

That's really mature - I must say; but then again, I suppose it's every bit as mature as bombing school buses filled with little kids is courageous. :rolleyes:

But please enlighten me, since you're so much more intelligent than I am: Where are all these multitudes of Muslims - poor or otherwise - speaking out against the global-domination-seeking Islamofascist agenda? (By stark contrast, many of Israel's most vociferous critics - both in that country and this one - happen to be Jewish). Also, had you bothered to even read the ensuing paragraph, you would have understood that I was actually focusing on Islamofascism's goals, and not on its means - if not, then you must believe that there is no G-d, because it literally says so, right in the Bible! (Psalms 14:1 - however, the complete passage reads: "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-d'").

For example, if it were possible to take a poll of all the world's Muslims and asked them whether or not Israel has a right to exist, at least 99.9% of them would respond with a most emphatic "No" (but I'm sure a lot of them would be satisfied if the Jews were merely expelled from the Middle East and were resettled in Europe or America, and do not advocate genocide).

It is precisely this mongoose-cobra mentality toward the Jewish people that indelibly stamps Muslims as less than civilized. And not for nothing, but from Morocco in the west to Indonesia in the east, from Kazakhstan in the north to Somalia in the south, the sun physically never sets on the Islamic Empire. Yet they insist on depriving the Jewish people of a tiny state smaller than San Bernardino County - and that includes the so-called "occupied territories" self-defensively captured by Israel in the third of the about ten revanchist wars the Muslims have started since 1948.

And thank G-d people like you and CK weren't in charge of this country 65-70 years ago - since if that was the case, I'd be posting this in German or Japanese; and that assumes that the murderous tyrants who would be ruling over us, and the rest of the world, allowed just anybody to get on the Internet.

But getting back on the original topic (or does anyone even remember what that was?): The very existence of this thread is a classic example of a phenomenon Bill O'Reilly delights in drawing attention to: Using one person's bad behavior to justify someone else's bad behavior - as if John Hagee and Rod Parsley's rants somehow "cancel out" those of Jeremiah Wright.

99% of the world's Muslims live in utter poverty. Nobody will ever ask them their opinion on anything and whatever opinion they have on anything will never see the light of day.

This is like blasting Catholics in Honduras cuz they've never protested the sex abuse cases in Boston.

Those folks spend their entire day trying to find food. In fact, the only reason most of 'em have ANY food is cuz they agreed to follow this Jesus character in the first place and were given the grub by the missionaries.

Case closed.

Ellis 05-27-2008 07:58 PM

Dude, Anothony, all I can say is that when Buck moves in get out of the way. The guy teaches history-- literally. He's a freak of nature when it comes to this stuff.

Just resign to the fact that Buck's right and let's move on.

Please?

Anthony 05-27-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 (Post 280895)
99% of the world's Muslims live in utter poverty. Nobody will ever ask them their opinion on anything and whatever opinion they have on anything will never see the light of day.

This is like blasting Catholics in Honduras cuz they've never protested the sex abuse cases in Boston.

Those folks spend their entire day trying to find food. In fact, the only reason most of 'em have ANY food is cuz they agreed to follow this Jesus character in the first place and were given the grub by the missionaries.

Case closed.

But how many Muslims of any class have come out and defended Israel's right to exist? Yet every time you turn around some "self-hating Jew" is sticking up for the Palestinians.

Or maybe you don't know what the words "or otherwise" mean?

And Ellis: I never back down - and I hope our next President brings those same sensibilities to the table. And when McCain wins in November by a landslide, I will get my wish.

CKFresh 05-28-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 280917)
But how many Muslims of any class have come out and defended Israel's right to exist? Yet every time you turn around some "self-hating Jew" is sticking up for the Palestinians.

Or maybe you don't know what the words "or otherwise" mean?

And Ellis: I never back down - and I hope our next President brings those same sensibilities to the table. And when McCain wins in November by a landslide, I will get my wish.

I think the point is, most of the world's Muslims have no time to worry about terrorism or feel sorry for the United States or Israel. They are trying to feed their families... If 99% of the world's Muslims live an absolute poverty, what do you think the average education level is?

When you get into the educated, and accomplished Muslims in this country, nearly all of them reject the idea of terrorism.

You really have no argument Anthony... You are expecting people who can barely feed their children to "take a stand" against something that they might not even know about... It's not like every muslim in the world has access to the interenet or television.

But to answer your question, here are some Muslim groups who speak out against terrorism:

Free Muslims Coalition
Muslims Against Terrorism
The American Muslim
Islam for Today

And you questions about Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism, here's a link to prominent Muslim leaders doing just that:

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism

--------

Still want to destroy Islam?

doublee 05-28-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 280936)
I think the point is, most of the world's Muslims have no time to worry about terrorism or feel sorry for the United States or Israel. They are trying to feed their families... If 99% of the world's Muslims live an absolute poverty, what do you think the average education level is?

When you get into the educated, and accomplished Muslims in this country, nearly all of them reject the idea of terrorism.

You really have no argument Anthony... You are expecting people who can barely feed their children to "take a stand" against something that they might not even know about... It's not like every muslim in the world has access to the interenet or television.

But to answer your question, here are some Muslim groups who speak out against terrorism:

Free Muslims Coalition
Muslims Against Terrorism
The American Muslim
Islam for Today

And you questions about Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism, here's a link to prominent Muslim leaders doing just that:

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism

--------

Still want to destroy Islam?

Just to add a little to what you are saying here. How many of them actually have access to mainstream uncensored media? Keep in mind most of what goes out over the airways in those countries is controlled by the government and heavily censored and skewed to make those in power look good. Most of the citizens in those countries are completely oblivious to the negative press some of their leaders get from mainstream European and American media.

A lot of what they know about America likely stems from negative propaganda spread by their leaders and officials. It really has less to do with Islam than it does with control. Those leaders just happen to be Islamic. Didn't the Christians do much of the same in medieval times? They used negative propaganda against other religions and cultures to scare people into being submissive to the churches wishes.

CKFresh 05-28-2008 09:28 AM

Exactly doublee. We can't expect people to "connect the dots" when they have no formal edcation, no access to interantional news, while they struggle to feed their families. It's simply unrealistic.

doublee 05-28-2008 09:39 AM

But even those who don't struggle to feed their families are still fed a lot of misinformation because mainstream media is controlled by the Anti-American, Anti-Christian, Pro-Islam government. It has as much to do with a conscious effort by those in power to keep those not in power as misinformed as possible to maintain a submissive populous as it does with how educated or uneducated these people are. If you grow up with the mindset that Americans and Christians are evil from the cradle then no matter how educated you are you are always going to believe it unless you are able to get out from that part of the world and travel to countries where the freedoms to express oneself are more prevalent.