Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   Major League Baseball (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MLB Thought of the Day - August (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=20215)

themush 07-31-2008 04:16 PM

MLB Thought of the Day - August

Rays are releasing reports the David Price will be called up as early as this weekend. Also Rocco Baldelli will suit up in RF very shortly for the Rays.

catman 07-31-2008 04:31 PM

Baldelli's return could be just what the Rays need to get over the top. Price has great stuff and I can hardly wait to see how he does.
2 bits of good news for the Rays' fans.

catman 07-31-2008 04:32 PM

After last night's performance, I hope the Twins recall Francisco Liriano and do something else with Livan Hernandez. He has not looked good for several months.

doublee 07-31-2008 05:49 PM

I don't understand why they don't at least bring Liriano up and put him in the 'pen. You can never have too many good arms out of the pen.

CKFresh 08-04-2008 10:21 PM

So... I'm watching the Reds vs. Brewers.

Manny Parra and Prince Fielder just got into it in the dugout. Fielder pushed Parra down on the bench, then when Parra stood up, Fielder pushed/slapped Parra in the face.

The rest of the team then broke up the scuffle.

The Brewers are falling apart.

Not exactly the "leadership" you would expect from your star firstbasemen.

da12ken 08-05-2008 01:26 AM

Yea I would've punched Fielder in the head to knock some sense into him. You know, cuz he doesn't eat meat.

themush 08-05-2008 05:02 PM

IF and only IF Parra was headed to the locker room mid inning I can see why Prince got pissed.

JOHNNY GOMES TO AAA. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

doublee 08-05-2008 10:04 PM

Looks like the NL has figured Volquez out.

doublee 08-05-2008 10:20 PM

This does not sound good for the Yanks: Joba to see Dr. Andrews. Usually you don't send someone to Dr. Andrews unless you think something is seriously wrong.

Brandon 08-06-2008 12:39 AM

The Yankees will be in trouble if Joba can't finish out the season, they need him in that rotation.

Also, a quick RIP for Skip Caray, he's been a main source of my baseball entertainment as far back as I can remember watching baseball.

boston_aloha 08-06-2008 02:19 AM

Yup... Yankees already said Wang will not be back (I think), so if they lose Joba that would be a huge blow.

doublee 08-06-2008 10:00 AM

I don't know how much of a difference losing him really makes. The Yankees were already slipping back to mediocrity prior to him getting hurt as it was. With or without Joba their upcoming schedule is not terribly favorable to begin with.

catman 08-07-2008 01:51 AM

There is talk that Girardi will be gone if the Yankees don't make the playoffs. Unfortunately, he took the helm of a ship that needs a few parts to sail properly.

boston_aloha 08-07-2008 02:24 AM

Just shows how stupid the Yankees front office is. Seriously, to get rid of a guy in his first year when they've lost about 80 pitchers to injuries IMO just shows how much of a moron all the Steinbrenners are.

But then again - there is always talk in NY - so I guess I shouldn't pass judgement until it actualy happens.

Hey - how bout that kid in Pittsburgh (traded in the Nady deal from NY) throwing that perfect game into the 8th with 2 outs. Pretty cool stuff.

catman 08-07-2008 03:09 AM

I'm sure that will irritate the Steinbrenners a bit. Good for him.