View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #23
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
That's why your religion example isn't all its cracked up to be. I see your point but essentially what you are saying is that kids must be able to find and learn from life on their own from ground zero. Sorry Rob, but that's the current state of affairs and quite frankly, your generation has done about as poor of a job as possible in experiencing life (cuz the majority are totally sheltered) and forming an identity from it. They simply don't have the maturity and will to do so. There's nothing wrong with the older generation sharing their values thru who they are to their kids. In essence, that's how kids are gonna best be served when they embrace the good stuff and when they shelve the b.s. (which religion is... on a personal note...cuz I'm with ya). But without the experience to draw from, it's simply gonna come across as a crybaby contest. Which, by the way, is how I would describe 99% of your generation's means of going thru life and getting things.
I agree that starting from ground zero is where our culture is (or at least close to) and it's turned out to be a wreck, but I still think it's right.

My generation? I don't identify it, so I don't consider myself of a member of it; if you want to find someone who identifies with it, talk to CK

"Experience"... I just don't see the word in the same way that you do. Again, I don't think that we're ever going to come to terms about this word/notation, so it's not really worth getting into.

If you have a problem with anyone, it should be with the parents of today's children. I'm sure you have to deal with them all of the time, and any moral decay has certainly started with them and worked its way down.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote