View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Nothing will change over-night. Gradual progress - the best we can hope for in our current system.

It's that kind of attitude towards things that aren't hi-profile enough that create future debacles that cripple this country & it's economy.

There's absolutely no reason to 'wait & see' on any issues that impact the American people. There's more than enough government agencies & resources to handle issues like these but yet they just get attention when everything goes to Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Uh Tark, you've posted an article that will only negatively impact poor people who are predominantly black.

Please only post articles that relate to actual human beings please.

You're right once again. I don't know what I was thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I hope the city of New Orleans actually uses the federal money for its intended purpose, as opposed to the way the money has been used for years. They are more corrupt than any other city in this country, and that's saying a lot.
The city of New Orleans has never had a problem misusing federal funds in the past and I don't see much reason to believe they will discontinue that practice anytime soon.
Just another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Allocating monies to an area & then not following up on it's use is ridiculous & allowing the misuse of funds is criminal.

As far as NO officials...string 'em up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
"Not a question of Democratic or Republican tho."

Really? I would say that it IS a question of Republican or Democrat (surprise, surprise!)

That's just party rhetoric, CK.

This isn't about how much worse one party is compared to another. They both have let this issue continue on their watch. It's irrelevant on who is more culpable since both are.

The Government has failed the people on both sides...