View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #25
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Dave, good point on Wuerffel, and I certainly agree with you. But at least Wuerffel had the numbers coming into the NFL. Granted Wuerffel played in a system that helped his numbers dramatically, but I don't see Crouch having that much success in the Florida Gators system, nor any NFL system. That is why Crouch went to Nebraska, which was a team known for running the ball with the occasional pass.

Crouch has shown his greatness in running the ball and making plays with his feet rather than his arm or passing ability, so the only shot I see Crouch getting is at another position besides QB. Had Crouch shown anytime during his playing career he could play QB effectively from a passing standpoint, then maybe he would get his shot.

Now that Crouch has quit 2 times, that really hurts his chances even more.

Two other great Nebraska Qbs never got a shot in the NFL either in Tommy Frazier and Scott Frost. Frost now plays defensive back and Frazier is an assistant coach with Baylor last time I heard. I did hear that Frazier did have a stint with a CFL team a few years though.

Joey