View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #1502
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Here is how the last few weeks have gone for me.

As most of you know, I am the store/warehouse manager for a sporting goods store that supplies several state HS and small college teams their sporting supplies, uniforms, etc. We also supply several local rec depts their unis. The last three weeks, we have done 3,000 sets of uniforms. All this after my understudy to take over the warehouse duties quit to find another job. (now he wants back. Tough noogies)

I thought I was finally catching a break. Jennifer (my wife) had a b-day coming up this past Saturday, and I had a huge surprise planned for her. I hate Italian food. She loves it. I was taking her to a local (and very expensive) Italian restaraunt along with some friends of hers. She had no clue. I had been planning this surprise for 4 weeks, getting babysitters (she always handles that) getting her friends phone #s, etc, etc.

Then last Wednsday, her mom called. She was in bad pain and wanted Jen to take her to the doctor. Find out, she has a bulging disc. Also found out that she would be staying with my wife and I for a couple of days. And she's sleeping in my sons bed.

So, not only did my carefully crafted plans get smashed in about the span of an hour, now my son is having to sleep in my bed. And he kicks a lot. So I've been sleeping on the couch. With a sore back of my own.

Supposedly, they are discussing alternate methods of surgery, that will get her back on her feet. I can't take this much longer.

My life is ass.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote