Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default Benefits in Walter Reed Issue...

If we can look at the Walter Reed issue as an optimist, one's first glance is to hope that the Vets will be better treated and that proper sunshine illuminates how wounded Veterans are handled and processed from this point forward. However, one's second glance should surely be on the issue as illustrative of why the government should not be in the health care business; simply because they are not very good at it... Clinton, Obama, and all the Democrats pandering to their base about the government getting into the health care business better look long and hard at Walter Reed to see why health care should remain a private enterprise...
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
If we can look at the Walter Reed issue as an optimist, one's first glance is to hope that the Vets will be better treated and that proper sunshine illuminates how wounded Veterans are handled and processed from this point forward. However, one's second glance should surely be on the issue as illustrative of why the government should not be in the health care business; simply because they are not very good at it... Clinton, Obama, and all the Democrats pandering to their base about the government getting into the health care business better look long and hard at Walter Reed to see why health care should remain a private enterprise...
Or maybe it simply suggests that we spend more money on those who fight for this nation, and be more careful as to which wars we fight. Instead of using the troops as political ammunition, let's start looking at them as people. It is sickening how often conservatives use the troops for political gain.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
It is sickening how often conservatives use the troops for political gain.
Surprised to hear you say this Fresh... I assume you are sending nasty letters to Murtha and Pelosi castigating them for using the troops for political gain! Not only are the Democrats abusing the troops, they are right now considering cutting their funding during wartime! You must be outraged!

The issue remains as illustrative of why the government should not be in the Health Care business; Walter Reed and similar health facilities should contract out their medical needs.
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Surprised to hear you say this Fresh... I assume you are sending nasty letters to Murtha and Pelosi castigating them for using the troops for political gain! Not only are the Democrats abusing the troops, they are right now considering cutting their funding during wartime! You must be outraged!
No because they are doing this in an effort to end the war and save lives, something you know nothing about.

Quote:
The issue remains as illustrative of why the government should not be in the Health Care business; Walter Reed and similar health facilities should contract out their medical needs.
No, all this illustrates is that we don't treat our veterans very well, nothing more.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
No because they are doing this in an effort to end the war and save lives...
Horsehockey! All the Dems voted in during the last election used the troops in their campaign ads... every one! You're being a hypocrite to ignore this!
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
Horsehockey! All the Dems voted in during the last election used the troops in their campaign ads... every one! You're being a hypocrite to ignore this!
There is a difference. For the democrats to gain politically the troops would come home OUT OF HARMS WAY. When the republicans use the troops for political gain, they put them IN HARMS WAY for a bogus war, that was a lie to begin with. Democrats - save troops. Republicans - 3,000+ and counting dead soldiers, all so Georgie could get reelected. You should be proud to be a republican :thumbdown:
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
For the democrats to gain politically the troops would come home OUT OF HARMS WAY...
You seem to forget the reason they were deployed: terrorism... Bringing the troops home before victory puts civilians IN HARM'S WAY. Obama et al. love to sing and pontificate about how soon we must surrender but before Democrats put more civilians IN HARM'S WAY we better be sure we are not inviting terrorists to follow the troops home...
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
You seem to forget the reason they were deployed: terrorism. Bringing the troops home before victory puts civilians IN HARM'S WAY
That's your opinion. Most experts (including the majority generals) think that we are not helping the fight against terror in Iraq. Many would argue we are LESS safe because of the war in Iraq.

Quote:
we better be sure we are not inviting terrorists to follow the troops home...
We better be sure we secure OUR country before Iraq. Iraq was not nearly as dangerous before as it is now. What has the war in Iraq accomplished? It has created one more extremely dangerous fundamentalist state, along with Iran. Before, Iraq was under control, they had many problems, but we were successfully containing a rogue nation, now, it is a rogue nation out of control and terribly dangerous.

Bring the troops home is not surrendering, it is sensible.

That is what THE MAJORITY of the country, THE MAJORITY of the generals, THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF, the MAJORITY of congress, and the MAJORITY of the WORLD have realized. You are just a little late in realizing that. Not surprising, you are a bit slow...
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Most experts (including the majority generals)...
Please explain which experts?

Please explain what "majority generals" means?

Did these same nimrods advise retreat in Vietnam too?
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Please explain which experts?
War historians, Experts on middle eastern culture, the CIA, and former generals.

Quote:
Please explain what "majority generals" means?
Majority means, more than 50%, you should know that.

Quote:
Did these same nimrods advise retreat in Vietnam too?
Yeah, thank God, otherwise more people would have died in that senseless war. You still think Vietnam was a good idea>?
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
War historians, Experts on middle eastern culture, the CIA, and former generals...
So please explain why Gen. Petreaus was just overwhelming nominated (without a dissenting vote) by the Democrats and Republicans to head up Iraq Operations when he holds views directly opposed these "experts" you cite?
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
So please explain why Gen. Petreaus was just overwhelming nominated (without a dissenting vote) by the Democrats and Republicans to head up Iraq Operations when he holds views directly opposed these "experts" you cite?
I didn't say there were no generals who agree with the war, I said the majority don't. Your point is irrelevant. Of course the Bush Admin. has picked someone who agrees with them, they fire everyone who dissents, or they "retire" like Colin Powell (who was aginst this war).
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #13
Montrovant
Hatecarver
 
Montrovant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 685
Montrovant is on a distinguished road
Default

To get back to the point of this, I think you are drawing too much out of this IntheNet. I would start by looking into how well our veterans are treated, before deciding problems at Walter Reed mean the government always fails at any kind of healthcare.
And you are right, hopefully our veterans will end up receiving better care as a result of this coming to light.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrovant View Post
To get back to the point of this, I think you are drawing too much out of this IntheNet. I would start by looking into how well our veterans are treated, before deciding problems at Walter Reed mean the government always fails at any kind of healthcare.
And you are right, hopefully our veterans will end up receiving better care as a result of this coming to light.
Okay fair enough...

Whether you believe me or not, this administration does in fact care about Veterans... it would do you well to see the Vets with Bush or Cheney and see how much mutual respect exists... whether in Iraq or at a funeral with the parents of survivors, this Administration has gone out of its way to do right with the Armed Forces and Vets. I truly believe the Walter Reed issue an oversight which didn't rise high enough to be corrected before this.
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
it would do you well to see the Vets with Bush or Cheney and see how much mutual respect exists.
Really? Vets like John Kerry who was detstroyed and had his service made fun of by this administration? Or how about John McCain in the republican primary? George Bush and company really showed respect for the vets then didn't he?

I see, George Bush is respectful of the vets when it is politically expedient, but will piss on them as soon as they question his views.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ed Reed....Defensive POTY FSUViking National Football League 6 01-08-2005 07:22 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #90 - Solving the BCS Puzzle Marc News and Announcements 0 11-18-2002 06:09 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #74 - Baseball's Winners in 2002 Marc News and Announcements 0 04-08-2002 05:26 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #71 - Wanted For Grand Theft Marc News and Announcements 0 02-24-2002 09:41 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.