Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Western Conference Finals: Thunder vs. Mavs

A rather unlikely finals, I think. The Thunder are this talented young team, but people don't expect them to be ready for the spotlight yet. Then there's the Mavs, who have been close, but never gotten there the past decade. I like the Thunder to win in 6 or 7 because I feel like they're more athletic and talented and this is their year. Kendrick Perkins in the middle was a huge boost for them. What do you guys think?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Well, the Thunder won despite a controversy over star Russell Westbrook: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=6569847

He was benched after committing several turnovers. Could this be a Garnett/Marbury situation? Westbrook is ruffling some feathers and I wonder if he is willing to continue to acknowledge that this is Durant's team.

Kudos to Dirk on his 48-point game. Insane. The league has never seen a seven-footer with this kind of grace and shooting touch.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote