Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Obama's big flip-flop splash

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Friday he would be willing to support limited additional offshore oil drilling if that's what it takes to enact a comprehensive policy to foster fuel-efficient autos and develop alternate energy sources.

Shifting from his previous opposition to expanded offshore drilling, the Illinois senator told a Florida newspaper he could get behind a compromise with Republicans and oil companies to prevent gridlock over energy.

Wow, this moron who last week told us if we just kept our cars in tune, and tires properly inflated that we could save enough oil in the same amount compared to what "THEY" want in drilling for oil. I guess he realized he was 100% incorrect and changed his mind?? Koo-Koo!
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Koo-Koo!
I'd love to see what it is like in the head of Detmurds... just for a day.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

I'd just like to see Obama stick to some of his original principals he proclaimed to be all about when he announced his candidacy. They are all about gone now,...no drilling, his church, and his friends/associates. I don't think he will be in the picture much longer to be honest even with the left-sided media, and the scripted speeches,....he has to do a debate here some time soon,..who will feed him the lies and bad answers then? ....NOBODY!

As for me Ellis,...get over me,...ok? Don't really need your infatuation.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

DET,

I wouldn't look forward to the debates if I were you. I, along with most experts, am predicting a 5-10 point BUMP for Obama after the first major debate.

The majority of the public agrees with Obama on key issues, but most say they "don't know" Obama. Once he gets on a stage next to that 100 year old man, it will be bad news for the McCain campaign.

---------

Speaking of this issue of flip-flopping...

DET, please go back 1 year and tell me what John McCain was saying about offshore drilling.

They both flip-flopped... But you only have a problem when Obama does it.

YAWN

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

I don't see how this is a flip flop. He is saying that he is willing to COMPROMISE on off shore drilling as part of a much larger plan.

I have a 5 year old that I am teaching to read, and when she doesn't know a word she tends to skip over it like it is not there. This is exactly what the Repubs are doing with the word compromise.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post
I don't see how this is a flip flop. He is saying that he is willing to COMPROMISE on off shore drilling as part of a much larger plan.

I have a 5 year old that I am teaching to read, and when she doesn't know a word she tends to skip over it like it is not there. This is exactly what the Repubs are doing with the word compromise.
:lol:

:thumbsup2:

Think Fresh.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
DET,

I wouldn't look forward to the debates if I were you. I, along with most experts, am predicting a 5-10 point BUMP for Obama after the first major debate.

The majority of the public agrees with Obama on key issues, but most say they "don't know" Obama. Once he gets on a stage next to that 100 year old man, it will be bad news for the McCain campaign.

---------

Speaking of this issue of flip-flopping...

DET, please go back 1 year and tell me what John McCain was saying about offshore drilling.

They both flip-flopped... But you only have a problem when Obama does it.

YAWN
CK,....first, I never said McCain was my top choice,..like you say about Obama.

Over 70% of Americans want the drilling for oil,..and just last week the idiot told us all that all we needed to do is keep good air pressure in our tires and tune up our cars? WHAT AN IDIOT he is for saying that!

As for debates, Obama is avoiding debates because he can't answer a question without a script in front of him. I take it back when I said he is a good talker,...he is just a good reader. Again, as for debate,..he has turned down every town hall meetings that McCain invited him to as well,.....did you even know that? Probably not since the news you watch won't tell the truth.

Obama has also lost the confidence with those who support him,..that would be those from the Daily KOS,...they are pretty p-o'd at him right now,...he has betrayed his most loyal people.

You yourself CKFRESH have said that you hope that gas prices go through the roof, and even your Obama is going to let you down on that,..he is a hand puppet, simple as that.

McCain,...even with his horrible campaign is keeping Obama in check today, not to mention the heavy lean to the left on all the communist mainstream media networks.

McCain will win this EASILY,...watch and learn. The only way McCain loses this if he says something half as stupid as Obama does every single day since his campaign of "skeletons in the closet" began!

Take care and thanks for the reply
Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #8
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I don't care to say anything on this topic, but I thought this might be a good place to raise something that has irked me about your posts, Detmurds. Now, I'm normally not a grammar nut on message boards since the point is to be conversational and informal, but since this happens repeatedly I just can't contain my curiosity and have to ask why you continually place comas before dots. It's unneccessary and I don't think I've ever seen it before.

For example:

"Over 70% of Americans want the drilling for oil,..and just last week the idiot told us all that all we needed to do is keep good air pressure in our tires and tune up our cars? WHAT AN IDIOT he is for saying that!"

The three dots work just fine without the coma. The coma is used to break up a sentence, but that purpose is already served by the dots.

All you have to say is:

"Over 70% of Americans want the drilling for oil...and just last week the idiot told us all that all we needed to do is keep good air pressure in our tires and tune up our cars? WHAT AN IDIOT he is for saying that!"

Or you could just skip the dots altogether and throw in a coma there.

I think doing this would be a small step, but a positive one on your way to establishing credibility in your posts here. :cheers:
Old 08-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

DET,

If McCain is going to win "easily," why is he trailing in every poll, and in most swing states?

Think Fresh.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard the Lionheart View Post
I think doing this would be a small step, but a positive one on your way to establishing credibility in your posts here. :cheers:
Another big step would be to add more pictures, especially ones like the dog taking a crap. :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

You almost cost me my laptop, Ellis. Just about spit out the water I was drinking.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

.....(DOTS) You mean you almost spilled your Kool-Aid!

I cannot believe I read posts so wrong and irrelevant in response to my previous post. You can all talk to yourselves for now on and hopefully you will all believe it too?

Last edited by DETMURDS; 08-05-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Quote:
.....(DOTS) You mean you almost spilled your Kool-Aid!

I'd have to go pretty far back to find a thread in this forum I enjoyed more than this one. :thumbsup2:
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
You can all talk to yourselves for now on and hopefully you will all believe it too?
I wish that I had access to the enlightenment that you always allude to, Detmurds, although, from an epistemology standpoint, I can't get myself to believe in your (or any) political and spiritual enlightenment, but I want to believe because you seem so blissful!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post

Thank You. One would not expect a GOP supporter to understand the notion of compromising seeing as the Bush Administration basically does what it wants and could care less what anyone else thinks about it.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote