Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 07-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #16
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Thing is they are not bringing Mobley in to be a primary scoring option he will be number three at best which he is a perfect fit for. The ball is still going to flow through Brand and Maggette first. Mobley also gives them a significant upgrade from behind the arc in the starting five which the Clippers needed to get.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 PM   #17
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Clipps is on a distinguished road

Right on the money doublee. Brand and Maggette are the primary scorers for the Clippers and rightfully so. Mobley has been known to throw the dagger in the 4th quarter and that's perfect for the Clipps, who had an atrocious win/loss record in games decided by 5 points or less last season. The thing that makes this Clipper team such a great team is Shaun Livingston. He's been very little talked about, even after finishing strong last season. Even though Mobley was a crucial signing, I still believe that if Shaun Livingston is healthy next season, the Clippers will for sure be in the playoffs, that's why the Clippers need to sign someone like Earl Watson or Antonio Daniels.
*****pass me the bottle and fill the glass up
Clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #18
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Earl Watson seems a more likely fit. I get the sense that Daniels wants to go somewhere where he will start and not have to share minutes. The main reason he opted out in Seattle is because he is having to share minutes with Ray Allen and Luke Ridinour. I doubt he would have any interest in going to LA where he is going to have Livingston nipping at his heels for playing time if he is not starting ahead of him. If Daniels goes to LA it will be with the Lakers where he will have the chance to start.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote