Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #61
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road

No I don't believe the bullshit Limbaugh spreads, Glenn Beck at times has very valid points so I don't discount him COMPLETELY, but 90% of what Beck says makes me laugh too.

kind of like Colbert and Jon Stewart, I watch it, but its all just FUNNY.

My only championship this year....college soccer. :thumbdown:
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #62
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Come on CK,...Media Matters? They are a lie.

I see most of America is happy that Obamacare is going to happen,..so happy Missouri voted against the law. 71%! ...YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! I love the 10th Amendment!

I am glad Obama and the rest of the Marxists will be gone soon, and they know it, that is..unless they make another law that rids the people the right to vote? Wouldn't shock me since they are all taking a leak on the Constitution every single day!

Did your hand just tap the mat?

Last edited by DETMURDS; 08-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #63
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But that's better than the kindergarten Social Darwinism being offered up by the likes of Sharron Angle and Rand Paul.

I will say this in defense of the Tea Party though: They are not motivated by racism. After all, was Ayn Rand a racist? Was William Graham Sumner a racist? And those (and others like them) are the Tea Party's favorite philosophical gurus.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #64
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Come on CK,...Media Matters? They are a lie.
Really? Prove it.

Point to one thing that they've said that is a "lie."

Like I said, before you discount the source, you need to back it up with some evidence.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #65
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
But that's better than the kindergarten Social Darwinism being offered up by the likes of Sharron Angle and Rand Paul.

I will say this in defense of the Tea Party though: They are not motivated by racism. After all, was Ayn Rand a racist? Was William Graham Sumner a racist? And those (and others like them) are the Tea Party's favorite philosophical gurus.
The Tea Party in theory is not racist. The leaders of the Tea Party (for the most part) are not racist.

Still, they have not done enough to distance themselves from, and call out, the racists that show up to their rallies.

They need to do a better job of calling out racist signs and slogans at rallies.

Think Fresh.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #66
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Really? Prove it.

Point to one thing that they've said that is a "lie."

Like I said, before you discount the source, you need to back it up with some evidence.
Most of that stuff are just quotes that are not lies,..they are true!

Please show me one real picture of one in a tea party that is racist, ....and do not show me a sign from those on the left who have infiltrated the rally either.

And if you can prove that any tea partier ever called the black politician the N-word,..you will get 100K,...so far nobody can prove it!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #67
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

No, all of the quotes I posted from Rush Limbaugh are real quotes, and they are 100% false. He is either lying, or ignorant (or both). Either way, he is a misinformation machine.

As for the Tea Party... How about Mark Williams? Leader of the "Tea Party Express."

Here's a "letter" that he wrote:

Dear Mr. Lincoln
We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!
In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the ‘tea party movement’.
The tea party position to “end the bailouts” for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn’t that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.
And the ridiculous idea of “reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government.” What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government “stop the out of control spending.” Again, they directly target coloreds. That means we Coloreds would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.
Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government “stop raising our taxes.” That is outrageous! How will we coloreds ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?
Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom’s Nephew NAACP Head Colored Person

----------------

Yeah, no racism there...

Think Fresh.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #68
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

You are correct,...they are not real.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #69
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
You are correct,...they are not real.
What's not real?

Think Fresh.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #70
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Tea Party Patriots are not racist, my girlfriend is one of the biggest supporters in Akron of the tea party patriots, THEY ARE EXPRESSING THEIR RIGHT TO protest, and they do it peacefully.

Its funny really, have you ever seen media coverage of the TPP that isn't negative, because the biased liberal newsmedia WOULD NEVER SHOW THAT. It's bullshit, everytime something that can SLIGHTLY be MISCONSTRUED as racist is said or done a tea party it's PURE RACISM!!!!!! That's ALL THEY DO HERE!!!!

Come on, please we all no thats not true, 1 out of every 400 TPP's is racist, if it's even that high.

By the way, the liberals that go and crash Tea Party's, YEAH they cause more problems than the TPP's. They shout obscenities, flip the bird, throw things at us...I've seen it, and I've been there. Get your "boys" under control before you rip on the TPP and call them racists, the damn liberals crashing it are the ones who get rowdy cause problems and ruin the peacefullness of the protest. They are the one's who are INTOLERANT!

Oh, they don't get media coverage, sorry I must be wrong, it must be a lie....

Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #71
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Anyone care to address the racist letter written by the Tea Party leader, Mark Williams?

It got him fired.

Bet you didn't hear about that on "fair and balanced" Fox News or Rush Limbaugh...

Think Fresh.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #72
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Oh please, first of all the letter is obviously a joke, however that does not mean its not unappropriate. However the answer to your question is in your own post.

HE GOT FIRED...hello, how is TPP racist if he got fired for being a "racist?"

By the way I watch Fox, and CNN everyday, quite amusing I get all the bull from both sides.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #73
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

NAR,

The point is, there is obviously racism within the Tea Party movement. That doesn't make the Tea Party itself racist.

But people are claiming that all the racist signs came from "liberals" posing as Tea Baggers.

Yes, he was fired, but he was a Tea Party leader and he demonstrated racism.

I watch Fox News all the time. It's funnier than any standup routine I've ever seen.

The fact that anyone would take Glenn Beck seriously is a very scary thought... And there are MILLIONS of people who buy his propaganda. Very scary

Think Fresh.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #74
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Yes of course there is racism with in the tea party movement, there is racism within every movement. It brings to mind a song.

"Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes...doesnt mean we go around committing hate crimes"

The racism that nobody talks about is reverse racism. Trust me there is a lot of that shit going on in the liberal movement, but if we say it, we get torn to bits by the liberals, and the liberal news networks, and the liberal EVERYTHING. Really sucks quite frankly.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 AM   #75
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

The Mark Williams controversy is just the latest instance of how ideologues on one side will refuse to recognize things like satire and allegory when it comes from the other side.

Another example was the shrieking right-wing mob that attacked Ward Churchill when he made his "little Eichmanns" statement. What Churchill was actually alluding to was the image of Adolf Eichmann enclosed in a glass case at his trial in Israel (presumably so no one could shoot him or anything like that). He was conflating that iconography with the "glass cases" of the Twin Towers - not calling the victims of 9/11 "Nazis."

Sophistication goes out the window when rigid ideology takes over.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote