Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 08-07-2001, 08:44 PM   #16
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alexei Yashin's new contracts

Quote:
Originally posted by Lappy
Take my word for it.You are angry.....

You told me in a post that you were an NYI fan,yet you have an Ottawa Sens logo under your name.What,couldn't find the NYI logo.
:lol: I keep telling you, I'm not angry!... I feel no difference towards Yashin than Alex Rodriguez.... they just aren't worth that much money... that's all. ...but if that's what you want to think, go ahead!!!!!!!

Also, I'd like for you to refer me to the exact post and web address of the thread that contains the lines of text where I said I was "an NYI fan." -- I'm a Senators fan for gosh sakes!!!!

Finally, no where did I say in my article that Haller was your best defenseman, but the fact remains that the best statistical way to rate a defenseman is by his plus-minus.... and Haller was the Islanders ONLY plus-rated defenseman... Haller will not going to be a corner-stone of a franchise, and, with that said, that just goes to show how weak of a defense the Islanders had last season.

As for your stats there, Lappy, and Josie2001... Let's have a looksie a bit closer to the stats......

CAREER
NHL Seasons
1. Sundin (11)
2. Yashin (7)

Total Points in previous 5 NHL seasons
1. Sundin 398
2. Yashin 368

2000-2001 REGULAR SEASON
2. Sundin (28-46-74)

Points Per Game
1. Yashin (1.07)
2. Sundin (0.90)

STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
Playoff years since 1997
1. Yashin (4 years, 26 games)
2. Sundin (3 years, 40 games)

Playoff points since 1997
1. Sundin (17-20-37)
2. Yashin (6-9-15)

Playoff points in Round One 2001
1. Sundin (2-2-4)
2. Yashin (0-1-1)

Points Per Game in Round One 2001
1. Sundin (1.00)
2. Yashin (0.25)

My point is, that if Yashin can put up over one point per game in the playoffs, why can't he make NEARLY that much in the playoffs????.... if someone wants him on their team, TAKE HIM!!... but don't be disappointed when he doesn't produce come April when it really counts.

Plus, he's bad news off the ice, no matter WHAT time of year.
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 09:27 PM   #17
Ross
Hall of Famer

Ross is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re: Alexei Yashin's new contracts

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee
Also, I'd like for you to refer me to the exact post and web address of the thread that contains the lines of text where I said I was "an NYI fan." -- I'm a Senators fan for gosh sakes!!!!
Here: https://www.sports-central.org/commu...&threadid=1814
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 09:31 PM   #18
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Yeah, he definitely said it, all right!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 09:57 PM   #19
Josie2001
Grizzled Veteran

Josie2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Lee's angry comments

Lee:

May I know why my name appears on a negative post you brought on this thread? I did not say you were wrong on something or whatever. I do not know what your paranoia is all about, but I know that I do not want to see my name somewhere it is not supposed to be, especially when you are accusing other people. Get the point?

Everybody has opinions on everything and even if we are not neutral, we can be fair. This is a normal dynamic interaction. Just stick to it and keep you bad comments for yourself.

If you cannot take people's opinions without smiling and answer back in a professionnal way, just stop writing. By the way, if Hockey Night in Canada with Don Cherry is your ideal way of talking and analyzing hockey, I would suggest you to try other sports channels, like ESPN and NHL Center Ice. Pros work there.

I do not like writing such posts. Take it for granted, this is the last one for you. I will not lose my time once more.

I expect an apology from you real soon.

Some interesting quotes are here:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.-- Buddha :redhot:

He who has an opinion of his own, but depends upon the opinion and taste of others, has a lost mind. -- Klopstock :uhoh:

Those who write clearly have readers, those who write obscurely have commentators.-- Albert Camus

Josie2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 01:53 PM   #20
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

"May I know why my name appears on a negative post you brought on this thread?" ...I only mentioned your name on the part where I compared Sundin's and Yashin's regular season and playoff stats, because you agreed with Lappy on that particular issue, saying, "you are right on Yashin's performance since he got back from his rest at home because he did not want to play. I must give the guy a good credit for his production after the turmoil has ended."

Also... about my post... at no point in time did I mean to say I was an Islander fan... I made an obvious typo when I was typing my post, and did not bother to proof-read it.... let's have a look at the paragraph BEFORE the one where I claimed to say that I was and Islander fan:
Quote:
In all honesty, hey -- that probably was not my best article in terms of the background that I based it on... I'm not a hard-core Islander fan!

However, I AM a hard-core Islander fan, and I know that you don't make it anywhere with a less than average goalie, a less than average offense, and a weak defense. Okay -- so now you have TWO defensemen over 0 in the +/- category -- Haller and Aucoin.
Originally, I said I was NOT a hard-core Isander fan, and I remember the exact time when I was writing that post, that I meant to say, "However, I AM a hard-core HOCKEY fan, and I know that you don't make it anywhere with less than an average goalie.....

Do you all understand now???.... Thank you.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:01 PM   #21
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

budman2 is on a distinguished road
Default hockey fan/fanatic

man ! I really love the game of hockey, no doubt about it , but , there comes a time in a hockey fans life (if you support the same team) that you have to face reality, as lee pointed out , stats don`t lie. real early i used to say , the leafs are going to win the cup, every year. but they got worse before they got better.
I thought in 93/94 we were going to go the distance but the famous non-penilty call , robed us of that. last year i was just a little surprised at our start of the playoffs , i never dreamed we could beat the sens let alone sweep them, but it just goes to show what lee said , " the playoffs are the real deal".
North amaricans play for the glory and the cup,
Euopeans play for the buck.
Yes i know that our star player and points leafer is a swede and now we have another one to take the left wing where they (as far as i`m concerned had one of the best in the business ) steve thomas!! but thats the reality of hockey.
this coming season i am not even sure who will make the line up with so many new additions but i will be there front and center
I am a fan
I am canadian
If your going to cheer for a team , cheer , but don`t try to bu**sh*t the rest of the world , the stats don`t lie, the islanders , in the past sucked (sense the seventys )
this coming season they have put all there eggs into one basket, a proven choke artist. It is only by pure luck they got the servises of peca, because i as an avid hockey fan do not believe they know WHAT they are doing.the rangers either for that matter.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:38 PM   #22
Lappy
Sports Enthusiast

Lappy is on a distinguished road
Default budsman

budman,you want some cheese with your whine? I know that the Isles have sucked for the last seven yrs. I also know that my team has new local owners pouring money into the franchise. You are either a new Leafs fan or you have selective memory:forgetting when tthe leafs sucked.
Lappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 12:23 PM   #23
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

Default good memory

NOPE! no bad memory here, that would be the years from 1967. ( the last time the leafs won the cup) too i`d say 1992/93. that adds up to about ummmm lets seeeeeeeee, carry the one ,ummmmmmm 25 years. yep about 25 years.
The leafs sucked real bad, and i think , if i`m not mistaken hold the longest losing streek at 21 games .Washington went around that and may have broken the streek but i`m not sure , you would have to check with our stats EXPERT, ( that would be lee) So you see there lappy i know about teams that suck, yours is one of them, sorry :uhoh: BUT, I do like cheese! not to big on wine though, i`m more of a beer guy, dry beer, molson, ummmmmmm um, love that beer! have a nice day
Old 08-09-2001, 01:17 PM   #24
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Default Re: good memory

Quote:
Originally posted by budman2
NOPE! no bad memory here, that would be the years from 1967. ( the last time the leafs won the cup) too i`d say 1992/93. that adds up to about ummmm lets seeeeeeeee, carry the one ,ummmmmmm 25 years. yep about 25 years.
The leafs sucked real bad, and i think , if i`m not mistaken hold the longest losing streek at 21 games .Washington went around that and may have broken the streek but i`m not sure , you would have to check with our stats EXPERT, ( that would be lee) So you see there lappy i know about teams that suck, yours is one of them, sorry :uhoh: BUT, I do like cheese! not to big on wine though, i`m more of a beer guy, dry beer, molson, ummmmmmm um, love that beer! have a nice day
Molson!?.... A Leafs fan says MOLSON!???... well, i guess Molson has nothing to do with the Canadiens any more.... I prefer Labbatt's, though

....sorry, though -- I have to let you down, because I can't help you on that stat of yours... I'll try looking, it up, though.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:02 PM   #25
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

thats o.k lee , i was just trying to make a point that there are people on this site that know what they are talking about in regard to hockey .
I as a leaf fan took the brunt of a lot of jokes during the aformentioned bad period of leaf history , and i will not let ANYONE off the hook as far as ribbing is concerned, "you cheer for a loser, your gonna here from the budman,period!"
Old 08-09-2001, 08:06 PM   #26
Lappy
Sports Enthusiast

Lappy is on a distinguished road
Default Budsman

Don't hurt your arm, patting yourself on the back. Any kind of injury to Cujo and the Leafs are mediocre at best and could Molgilny be any less excited, to be leaving NJ for Toronto and $5+ million a yr?
Lappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 09:30 PM   #27
Josie2001
Grizzled Veteran

Josie2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Budman's Leafs craze

Budman:

I know that the Leafs are pretty cool and good. Nothing compared to the Habs over here in Montreal. As an administrative assistant, I used to give hockey tickets to my customers for Leafs and/or Habs, and usually, people wanted to go to Toronto. Habs are now regular leftovers. The Leafs action is there, and they are still making the playoffs. So not too bad for a Canadian team!

I am not counting on Brett Hull to change the atmosphere in the Montreal Molson Centre this season.

Josie2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 10:25 AM   #28
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

Default JOSIE2001

Hey! thanks for the support! I know how hard it is for the hab fans as most of my friends ARE hab fans. thats what i was talking about , getting a ribbing for so long. I have to say , in all honesty , that i am still undecided on weather brett will bring a winning additude to the team, i have to admit also that i didn`t know he was even signed with the habs. I have been so busy trying to figure out our line up i didn`t even see that one ( pretty big miss
He has a history of anti- canadian support though, he was born in canada but renounced his canadian haritage for an amarican citizen ship, even playing on the usa olympic hockey team
He has publicly ridiculed canada in the past (especially when he played in st.louis. how he will react to playing for a canadian franchise is yet to be determined. hopfuly , for the hab fans, he will bring his "a" game.
I used to be an anti- hab, sorry thats my reality ,but now i am more worried that they will not be competitive and we all know how unforgiving the hab support is as far as attendence is concerned .gellette is under a very, very big microscope. i would hate to see what would happen if they open the season with less than a 500 record.
I DO NOT want to see another canadian club go south. 5 years ago it would be un-conceavable to even think that the greatest winning club in nhl hjistory could be moved , but it is a reality, it could happen. lets cross our fingers and say a hockey prayer for the habes " god ! let the habs have a winning season.........behind the leafs..
Old 08-10-2001, 01:52 PM   #29
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Default Re: JOSIE2001

Quote:
Originally posted by budman2
5 years ago it would be un-conceavable to even think that the greatest winning club in nhl hjistory could be
...not only the winningest club in NHL history, but in all of SPORTS until two years ago when the Yankees took over (25 championships vs. the Canadiens' 24).
Old 08-10-2001, 03:23 PM   #30
Ross
Hall of Famer

Ross is on a distinguished road

That would be 26 championships, Lee.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote