Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default SEC Will Rule College Football in 2007

Sorry fellas the SEC is stronger than ever. I really see LSU winning the National Championship.

Arkansas will be strong with RB Darren McFadden having an Heisman Trophy winner season.

LSU will be solid. I think Georgia will be a top 10 team when it is all said and done.

Alabama could be a top 15 team if their offense takes off like I think it will.

If Tennessee can get past California at California at the start of the season watch out for them.

Florida will be a top 15 team for sure. Maybe top 10.

South Carolina will be competitive. Spurrier has done a great job up there.

Kentucky may surprise everyone. Great QB they have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...8&sportCat=ncf
Old 08-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

You had me all fired up for SEC football, right up until you said that Alabama could be a top 15 team...

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

I was actually thinking the SEC is in for a down year. South Carolina is way overrated. UF and UGA re rebuilding. Arkansas needs a QB. LSU has to replace a ton of talent. Tennessee still has Phil Fulmer as a coach.

Not so good.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

There will be at least five SEC teams in the top 15.:thumbup:
Old 08-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I think they'll be a lot of good ranked teams, but no dominant teams because they are rebuilding, as Mike said. Maybe Kentucky can sneak up on people and actually slay some Goliaths since they are more vulnerable than years past. Even I am shocked at the accommodates Andre Woodson is getting. ESPN First-Team All-American, #1 projected NFL QB. Last season, he was #2 on the depth chart coming into the season!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
There will be at least five SEC teams in the top 15.:thumbup:
No way. No way is that going to happen. That means you have to have at least 5 teams at the end of the season with no more than 2 losses. I don't know that there will be 4 teams at the end of the season that will be able to make that claim.

The SEC may, MAY, have 4 teams. The Big 12 will be right behind them with 3 (Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma) and the Big no-longer Least will have 2. That's 7. The PAC will have at least 2 (USC and either Cal or Oregon) Big Ten has a real shot at 5 (OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin) and the ACC should at least have 1. (I'll say Va Tech) There's 15, not counting a few non BCS schools that may crash the part (TCU, Boise State and Hawaii)
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

LSU will always be hampered by Les Miles. Until he moves on, anyway. Till then, LSU has probably been as good as they'll ever be.

Arkansas has no QB, and worse, I kind of feel like McFadden might have some horrible injury during the season. Never announce your pro intentions before the season. He'll be tiptoeing through some game, and whammo! No more knee.

Like LSU, Georgia will be hamstrung by their coach. I can't say enough bad stuff about Mark Richt. He's been good, but... when the heat's on... well...

Alabama will improve. I doubt a top 15 finish, but one never knows.

Florida has a lot of questions, imo. I don't trust Tebow yet. Will their D be any good this year (being that it kept them alive last year, it's muy importante)? Can they run the football? Will it matter?

Regardless, the SEC mouthbreathers will insist they're the best, whether or not they are.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post

Georgia will be hamstrung by their coach. I can't say enough bad stuff about Mark Richt. He's been good, but... when the heat's on... well...
Thank goodness he isn't calling the plays anymore.

ALLEGEDLY there will be a lot of 3 WR sets this year, as Bobo looks to take advantage of Stafford's arm. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

I think I rather have Tebow at the RB position. I think this will be a down year for Auburn, but you never know. Their QB should be better. Do they have any good running backs this season? They uusally produce some great ones year after year.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
I was actually thinking the SEC is in for a down year. South Carolina is way overrated. UF and UGA re rebuilding. Arkansas needs a QB. LSU has to replace a ton of talent. Tennessee still has Phil Fulmer as a coach.

Not so good.
LOL great point Mike. But I would like to go one further. LSU? Yeah I fell into that Kool-aid drinking frenzy too. Yeah they have great athletes no question. But remember, they are going through QB changes. Last season, several times through out the season, Russell's strength by breaking tackles will be sacks this year from a unproved QB. And I still thank LSU's weakness is one thing. Their head coach. Les Miles is the weak link of this football factory. The quicker officials in Baton Rouge finds this out, the quicker LSU will return to the BCSNCG.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

And now LSU gets to deal with this, a week before the season starts...

LB Derrick Odom arrested (Posted on 8/23 at 9:35 a.m.)
Edited to add: Odom was arrested this afternoon.

I received reliable info that a felony warrant was issued last night for the arrest of backup LB Derrick Odom. Odom, who is a redshirt freshman, is wanted on the following charges:

Attempted Unauthorized Entry Into an Inhabited Dwelling

2 counts of Simple Criminal Damage to Property

Simple Assault

These charges stem from an incident that occurred at a Baton Rouge area apartment complex a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently, Ace Foyil, a backup linebacker, and another unknown football player got into a fight with two men at this complex. Friends of these two men jumped in and broke up the fight. Foyil and the other player felt that they had been "jumped" by these subjects and called other players to come to the complex in order to retaliate. Foyil and this other player were roommates who lived at this complex and the two men they fought were their neighbors.

A group of about 14 players show up in at least 4 different vehicles and demand that the group, who were now inside their apartment, come out and fight. The owner of the apartment, who was over 50 years of age, shows up and pleads with the group to leave. Odom attempted to break into the apartment in order to get to the group, but he was unable to force the door open after running into it. Odom damaged both the door and the door jam attempting to get in.

When he couldn't get in, Odom then began threatening the owner, (who was still outside), repeatedly telling him that he was going to kick his arse if he did not go inside and tell the group to come out. Odom then vandalized the owner's vehicle that was parked in front of the apartment, pulling wires from lights, letting air out of the tires and keying the passenger side of the vehicle. When police showed up, the players ran away.

As the cops were sorting out the mess, the owner pointed to a black SUV that was leaving the parking lot as being one of the cars that had arrived with the players. The cops stop the car and find that it is was driven by Xavier Carter. The car is registered to Ryan Perrilloux. Carter tells the police that he had been at the apartment but left when the cops arrived. Perrilloux was also there and left when Carter did. RP had Carter go back and get his vehicle so that he did not have to. None of the other players have been identified as of yet. RP is not being charged with anything.

The owner then makes contact with the ADs office immediately afterwards and was informed that Odom had already let the coaching staff know about the incident, but denied doing anything. The owner told them that all he wanted was for Odom to apologize for the threats he made and to pay for the damage he caused. If he agreed to do that, the owner would not pursue criminal charges. Odom was offered the deal, but refused it, leaving the owner little choice.

And that's the story.

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post

Not so good.
Mike - the Gators don't rebuild - they reload!!!:thumbup:
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #13
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

There are so many thugs in sports. What is up with that. Are they bored or something?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
There are so many thugs in sports. What is up with that. Are they bored or something?
Shouldn't you save your deep thoughts for the fat people in muscle shirts thread?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
Mike - the Gators don't rebuild - they reload!!!:thumbup:
Yeah, but too many young bullets.

And Tebow sucks.