Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #91
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Marino,
Cure is a good guy. I have a feeling you and him would agree on a lot of other things. Give the guy a chance to produce a pic. He's not a "sheep" as you might say. He is an insightful individual and I doubt he is lying about the pictures. I'd like to see them however to see how clear they are, and whether they've been doctored. But I am sure he isn't lying about it.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #92
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

Not necessarily calling anyone a liar...I just know that no true photo's were released...on PBS or anywhere else.

The only footage released was a white blip in 3 seconds of frame from a couple different view points. Some might claim it's a plane, but there's no real evidence. It's just a blip and then an explosion
Old 01-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #93
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

AmpleSound is on a distinguished road

"Think for yourself, question authority!"
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #94
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

my only question to the "building collapse" people is this: when else in history have we seen such a large building withstand an impact of a huge plane, have multiple floors on fire and collapse or not to give us some resource? steel trusses or no, engineering or no, you are talking buildings 1,000 ft tall getting hit with a frickin airplane here, people. how could ANYONE have valuable knowledge about when such a structure would or would not fall? it's obvious a building remains standing as a SYSTEM. if a huge object like a planbe crashes into this system in a raging fireball of jetfuel, i don't see why it's so hard to believe the amount of heat and weight above would cause a collapse. maybe i am sheep, and i can admit it. but this has never happened before. if you remove the emotion, history of the government, wag the dog crap, etc and just look at it this way, you may feel as i do: is it so hard to believe a 1,000 foot structure, taking the impact of a 300 foot wingspan plane, carrying thousands of pounds of jet fuel, igniting into a raging firestorm, with high winds, tons of weight above the fire, etc, would crumble? I say no.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #95
Cure
Agnostic Cards fan

Cure is on a distinguished road

Marino,
Nevermind about the pics... they were digitally enhanced shots from the security camera and you believe those were doctored. One of my roommates(a buddy from highschool who I've known for 15 years) was in the Marine Corps on 9/11 and was stationed in Virginia... several good friends of his stationed at the Navy Annex up the hill from the Pentagon and watched that 757 crash into it.... ringside seats you might say.

And before you shout BS about the WTC collapse, go read the links I provided (and read them in their entirety). Call me a sheep all you want to, but I'll take the reasoning of engineers and scientists over that of internet conspiracy theorists any day. Are you telling me that the Secret Government planted thermite charges at very specific points in the Towers, and then were able to fly a 757 at nearly 600 mph and crash it exactly where they wanted to so as not to disturb any of those charges?

Read up on Occams Razor... then tell me what is the simplest explanation for 9/11. If you think the answer is an elaborate plot by a shadow government that killed thousands and made hundreds disappear, brainwashed thousands of eyewitnesses into repeating their story, were able to place both explosives and airplanes on a dime in multiple buildings and not have anyone figure it out, all for unknown and unknowable motives.... if you tell me that is the most likely answer then I'll give up.

One last thing: Who in this Administration is smart enough to plan and cover this up?!?! These guys could ***** up a PB & J and I'm supposed to believe they can plan and carry out the most diabolically complex plot in the history of mankind?

Uh-uh. I don't like them apples, and I ain't buyin em.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #96
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

^The two post above seem to make the most sense to me.
I can believe the govt. to do alot of dirty and scandolous things but I can't see them doing this theirselves.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #97
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

AmpleSound is on a distinguished road

Alright, I have no idea where the twin towers got started in all of this. Last I saw someones case was being stated about WTC building 7, which has nothing to do with the twin towers...

Trust me on this though, if you take a large object, and crash it into a larger "structure". You have to expect the "structure" to lose some of its support columns. Plus with the added heat from the jet fuel, and the burning inferno caused from the jet fuel would generate enough heat to weaken the frame. Now with 20-30 floors that weighs probably hundreds of thousands of tons, with no more support for that weight. What do you know the floors above collapse causing a sort of domino effect. It was a very clean looking collapse that's for sure. Though I really don't think there was anything more than the plane collisions that brought down the twin towers.

Somewhere I think one of you got confused as to what that person was talking about, which was the question as to why WTC building 7 fell. Not why the twin towers fell...
Old 01-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #98
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

Yeah, people were talking about building 7 I guess. But that seems even more preposterous to me. So now the conspiracy is to crash two planes into the WTC towers 1 and 2 and then have a controlled demo or building 7? Ironically, a controlled demo of towers 1 and 2 sounds more plausible or at least more likely than building 7. I just think this conspiracy is to tough to even get off the ground. Now, if we want to talk conspiracies, let's talk JFK or Area 51. I want answers!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #99
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810 View Post
So now the conspiracy is to crash two planes into the WTC towers 1 and 2 and then have a controlled demo or building 7? Ironically, a controlled demo of towers 1 and 2 sounds more plausible or at least more likely than building 7.
How about all 3 controlled...that seems most likely. All three had molten steel well below the impact spot, so thermite was definetely used. If they allegedly fell because some office furniture burned and weakend the steel structure, then there wouldn't be molten steel...plain and simple.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #100
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

I have entertained all these fantasies a bit and I just cannot bring myself to believe that this controlled demo is possible. There is no way the government could do this, right? Killing 3,000 americans just to get support for a war you could have started with your power as president anyway? This is just too far-fetched, evidence or not.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 AM   #101
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810 View Post
I have entertained all these fantasies a bit and I just cannot bring myself to believe that this controlled demo is possible. There is no way the government could do this, right? Killing 3,000 americans just to get support for a war you could have started with your power as president anyway? This is just too far-fetched, evidence or not.
USS Maine...Spanish American War.

Oh Lord...I'm involved.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:34 AM   #102
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
USS Maine...Spanish American War.

Oh Lord...I'm involved.
Far-fetched indeed IMO
Quote:
The Maine spent her active career operating along the East Coast of the United States and the Caribbean. In January 1898, the Maine was sent from Key West, Florida to Havana, Cuba, to protect U.S. interests during a time of local insurrection and civil disturbances. Three weeks later, at 9:40 on the evening of February 15, a terrible explosion on board the Maine shattered the stillness in Havana Harbor. Later investigations revealed that more than five tons of powder charges for the vessel's six and ten-inch guns ignited, virtually obliterating the forward third of the ship. The remaining wreckage rapidly settled to the bottom of the harbor. Most of the Maine’s crew were sleeping or resting in the enlisted quarters in the forward part of the ship when the explosion occurred. Two hundred and sixty-six men lost their lives as a result of the explosion or shortly thereafter, and eight more died later from injuries. Captain Charles Sigsbee and most of the officers survived because their quarters were in the aft portion of the ship. On March 28, the US Naval Court of Inquiry in Key West declared that a naval mine caused the explosion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maine_%28ACR-1%29
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #103
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

In 1976, Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, the father of the nuclear submarine, took an interest in the case. He published his findings in the book "How the Battleship Maine Was Destroyed" In the book he concluded that the mine story was non consistent with the damage. He beleived that the explosion was caused by a flash fire in a coal bunker which ignited an ammunition magazine.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #104
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Something else for everyone to think about as far as 9/11 is concerned.

Many people in high positions took out HUGE insurance policies on the twin towers just weeks before 9/11. Obviously not proof of anything, but just one more reason to be suspicious.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #105
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Not only that, but the put options on American Airlines (bets that the airline shares would fall) was 10x the norm on September 10th.

By the end of September 2001, both the Chicago Board Options Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission had launched investigations into the unusual trading. Since then, they've been silent. Two years later, neither the exchange nor the SEC will comment on its investigation. Neither has announced any conclusion