Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Week #4 Upsets...

Who do you think has the chance to pull the upset this weekend?

Here are 5 underdogs playing on the road who I think can get the win...

Texas A&M over Miami (Fl)
Duke over Navy
Washington over UCLA
Arizona over Cal
Air Force over BYU
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Texas A&M should beat Miami.

Duke can't win 2 in a row can they? Navy is a lot better than Northwestern.

Feel sorry for Washington. UCLA looking for a team to pound after the Utah fiasco.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Well...Miami is favored by 3 in the Orange Bowl. That's on Thursday night...should be great.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Look for another Big 12 beat down of Miami. Well, maybe not a beat down, per se. A&M by 10.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

I could see that Mike.

I wonder how many folks will fill the Orange Bowl for this one. Just under 41,000 saw Miami squeak by Florida International on Saturday.

Pathetic.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Wouldn't be surprised to see even less this week.

How is Miami favored? They got thumped by the only real team they played? This isn't the Hurricanes of old.

Hate when teams get the nod just based on past glory. Pathetic.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see even less this week.

How is Miami favored? They got thumped by the only real team they played? This isn't the Hurricanes of old.

Hate when teams get the nod just based on past glory. Pathetic.
Well, it's at the Orange Bowl and considered a "big game."

Plus it involves a team coming in from out of region (what I talk about endlessly ).

Don't folks in Vegas say if the teams are dead even give the road team 3 pts?

That's what happened here...I think.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #8
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

If Miami can muster some form of offense, then I'll believe they are even w/the Aggies. Until then, no QB, no RB, no chance.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
If Miami can muster some form of offense, then I'll believe they are even w/the Aggies. Until then, no QB, no RB, no chance.
I think Wright is still starting. They were horrible last week. I see little hope.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

A&M just needs to stay focused. They dominated Fresno State in the 1st half a couple of weeks ago. They came out in the second half, playing lackadaisical defense and allowed the game to go to overtime.

The Aggies have 2 stud RBs who should run all over the Canes.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Texas A&M defeating Miami is very likely to happen, and honestly shouldn't be considered an upset since the Aggies appear to be the much better squad.

I will be interested in seeing how Iowa State does on the road against the Toledo Rockets, because it is a winnable game for either team. The Cyclones should have a lot of confidence following their upset win over the Iowa Hawkeyes, but Iowa State's offense is terrible and won't be able to move the ball at-will gainst Toledo like Kansas did last weekend.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Miami probably shouldn't be a favorite, but they are home, and the last time anyone saw A&M, they were pretty damn fortunate to squeak out a win. Also, never underestimate the failures of Coach Fran. I just don't trust him. This game being on national tv on a thursday night, don't be surprised if Miami is pretty psyched to get things going in a positive direction.

I think the Big 12 is pretty darn weak this year, and I would not be shocked to see Miami win this one.

Duke has played relatively well so far. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they beat Navy.
'Zona over Cal would definitely be an upset, but it would require the Wildcats to somehow score 17 or more points, which I don't think they can do, even against a not-as-tough-as-usual Cal D.

I don't see UCLA seeing Washington as anything but a way to get back their respect.

I'm not sure I understand why BYU is such a big favorite over Air Force. Don't be surprised if AFA wins this one, either.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Arizona's new spread offense has backfired to start the season. Don't see the Cats upsetting the Bears.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

So, it looks like my second sentence and on regarding Miami and A&M was more correct than the first clause. 31-0 to start the 4th quarter, 'Canes.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 AM   #15
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Texas A&M played horribly and had ball control issues throughout. Plus, the Miami defense held up strong against the Aggies' three credible running backs, who each combined for just 69 rushing yards for the game.

Luckily for Texas A&M, they have Baylor and Oklahoma State at home in their next two match-ups...
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote