Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

View Poll Results: Well?
SEC 4 26.67%
Big 12 2 13.33%
Other 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2003, 10:27 PM   #31
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

Well certainly the results of tournament games PLAYED are a far better way of determining which conference is better then yours, mine or anyone elses OPINIONS on what is. And one thing that plays out every year, the RPI is useless(much like the BCS) and should not be a determining factor in anything.

This is the big stage when all the games hold the utmost importance. If you can peform here, when it counts the most, then you deserve the recognition that comes with it, for PLAYING actual games. Opinions, polls and computer generated lists(like the RPI)mean nothing, results on the floor mean mean everything.

You are right about one thing, total records can be skewered by teams who move the farthest in the tourney. But isnt that what is most important anyway. And one thing that cant be SKEWERED, the Big East put 4 teams in the tourney(should have been at least 5 but the committeee cant be expected to be perfect) and all 4 are in the sweet 16.

Results dont have opinions..........and they arent protected by computer generated rubbish.
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:28 PM   #32
Panda_Express
Rookie Player

Panda_Express is on a distinguished road

Big East, Big 12, SEC all very tough.
Panda_Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:41 PM   #33
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Well the Big 12 is the best conference for this season, they proved that not only in the tournament, but also during the season. Once again the SEC falters in the NCAA tournament after a great overall conference record during the season. Big 12 and Big East have to get the most credit in the tourney, for they have gone out and won games to prove their worth as a conference.

Joey
Old 03-31-2003, 08:39 PM   #34
RoyalBlue
Rookie Player

RoyalBlue is on a distinguished road

Have to agree there, if you use all the criteria other posters in this thread are claiming shows who the best college hoops conference this year is. I had Kentucky not making it to the final four anyway, losing to Pitt in my picks, but no matter. I thought they were a tad overhyped and over rated. The Big East proved they have the horses as well this year besides the Big 12. Who knows what will happen next season, because these things go in cycles with conferences having up and down years anyway. Now is the time to enjoy a Final Four that is anyone's for the taking for once. Being a Big 12 fan I'm personally pulling for a Texas-Kansas final with Texas getting revenge on that loss in Lawrence earlier in the season. But I'm going with Kansas-Syracuse in the final.
RoyalBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #35
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Not only is it refreshing to see a final four where it is every team's chance for the taking, but also whatever coach does win the Championship, it will be his first ever. I would really like Roy Williams to get one, but I really would love for a C-USA team like Marquette to upset the world and take home the Championship as well. All of these coaches are very deserving of winning it all, and it will be nice to see one of them do so next Monday night.

Joey