Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #10036
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Yup... and Marty Zip tried to interfere. Those are great episodes.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #10037
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken
Still need to watch the Spinal Tap sequel too, although I hear it's not that good. It's like a behind-the-scenes thing with the band.
I didn't know there was a sequel to This is Spinal Tap. I know that Christopher Guest and Rob Reiner teamed the guys up for a short film called Spinal Tap: The Final Tour, but I have yet to see it and I have heard that it is not very good.

This is Spinal Tap is classic, but a true film geek like me appreciates the audio commentary (yeah, I actually listen to those) where the guys actually stay in character discussing their time while making the "documentary."

Best Christopher Guest Written Movies:
1.) Waiting for Guffman
2.) Best in Show
3.) This is Spinal Tap
4.) A Mighty Wind

Later this month, I am going to take in his latest flick For Your Consideration, although I understand that it is not filmed in his usual mockumentary-style which disappoints me.

But still, any film with Ed Begley Jr., Jennifer Coolidge, Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Michael McKean, Catherine O'Hara, Parker Posey, Harry Shearer and Fred Willard is a film that I cannot miss out on.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #10038
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Best in Show was sweet... Fred Willard is a riot in that one. Where he asks if they could dress up the bloodhound to look like Sherlock Holmes :lol:
Old 01-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #10039
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Best in Show was sweet... Fred Willard is a riot in that one. Where he asks if they could dress up the bloodhound to look like Sherlock Holmes
I have always tried to mimic my play-by-play skills off of Buck Laughlin.

"I'd hate to go on a date with Judge Edie Franklin and have her judge me, that'd be no fun."

Other great lines:

"And to think that in some countries these dogs are eaten."

"Doctor, question that's always bothered me and a lot of people: Mayflower combined with Philadelphia, a no-brainer, right? Beause this is where the Mayflower landed. Not so. It turns out Columbus actually set foot somewhere down in the West Indies. Little known fact."

"I went to one of those obedience places once... it was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts."

"I don't think I could ever get used to being poked and prodded. I told my proctologist one time, 'Why don't you take me out to dinner and a movie sometime?'"
Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #10040
boston_aloha
FFB #2

LOL good stuff Toby... I'm off to rent Best in Show this weekend... Man I haven't seen it in a while, I gotta check it out.

Do you know the actual quote to the one I was talking about? I'm gonan look for it.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #10041
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
LOL good stuff Toby... I'm off to rent Best in Show this weekend... Man I haven't seen it in a while, I gotta check it out.

Do you know the actual quote to the one I was talking about? I'm gonan look for it.
Best in Show is a must have. Forget renting it, and just go purchase it.

Fred Willard's announcing in the movie puts Cotton and Pepper's from Dodgeball on ESPN's "the Ocho" to shame.

I wish I could remember the quote, but I can't.

The great thing about that movie (and other Guest flicks) is the improvisational comedy done by the actors. Tremendous work.

""We both love soup and the outdoors. We both love snow peas, and talking and not talking. We could talk or not talk forever, and still find things to not talk about."
Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #10042
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Yeah, you're right... I'm off to pick that one up Friday. I loved Cotton and Pepper.... I don't know it if puts them to shame, but I can tell you - both had me laughing my butt off!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #10043
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Cotton and Pepper were great, but it was forced comedy, where Willard just has a natural ability and flow to deliver the jokes.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #10044
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Hey fellas! What's happening?

Decided to take a few days off from the boards but you know me, I can't stay away for too long. Gotta stir up stuff.....:lol:
Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #10045
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
By the time I type this someone will probably have gotten to it, but happy 10,000th!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Toasters for everyone!
I was gonna ask who got to post #10,000 but I should've guessed....:lol: :lol:

Congrats Ken! Glad it was you and not a newbie (no offense)
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #10046
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Thanks Sue. I had to hurry and type that since I didn't want a post hawk to swoop in and steal it.

Too bad I wrote "happy 10,00th" post originally. Damn you Steve!

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #10047
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 05-06-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #10048
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Poeple next to me lowered thier asking price for thier home by $10,000 today. That's going to do wonders for the value of my house.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #10049
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Poeple next to me lowered thier asking price for thier home by $10,000 today. That's going to do wonders for the value of my house.
Slow market over there on the coast, eh Mush?

VERY slow here. We have property we bought to flip just at the end of the boom and now we are sitting on it......:thumbdown:
Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #10050
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Slow doesn't even begin to explain it. I have to same problem as you with a couple of properties. Been on the market for over 7 month's.
Closed Thread