Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default BCS Bowl Predictions...

Here is what I THINK will happen...not what should happen...

BCS CG: Florida (12-1) vs. Texas (12-1)
Rose Bowl: Penn State (11-1) vs. USC (11-1)
Orange Bowl: Miami (Fl) (9-4) vs. Cincinnati (11-2)
Sugar Bowl: Alabama (12-1) vs. Ohio State (10-2)
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma (11-1) vs. Utah (12-0)

Your predictions?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Orange Bowl: Miami (Fl) (9-4) vs. Cincinnati (11-2)
That would be awesome, because it would mean the Bearcats would win a BCS bowl.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

UF 41 - Texas 14....

Where have I seen that score before????
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
UF 41 - Texas 14....

Where have I seen that score before????
14?

Your last IQ test

41?

Your last IQ test after they gave you the answers
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Rose Bowl: Penn State (11-1) vs USC (11-1)
Orange Bowl: Miami (10-3) vs Cincinnati (9-3)
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma (11-1) vs Ohio State (10-2)
Sugar Bowl: Alabama (12-1) vs Utah (12-0)
BCS NCG: Florida (12-1) vs Texas (12-1)

Dear God, the Orange Bowl. Awful, simply awful.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Dear God, the Orange Bowl. Awful, simply awful.
Why is that awful? Have you seen UC play this year?

It now looks like it will be UC vs. Virginia Tech or Florida State.

Think Fresh.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The Rose Bowl is looking like he could just as bad if Oregon State manages to get past Oregon this weekend. If Oregon State and Oklahoma both win this weekend it is going to make things very interesting.

I think if OU wins they will close the gap enough in the comp polls to overtake Texas for #2 unless the voters in the human polls remember that Texas beat them and swing more votes Texas' way. If this happens then we are likely looking at OU against the SEC champ in the title tilt.

An Oregon State win would also just about guarantee that Ohio State and an unbeaten Boise team are on the outside looking in. There is no way either of those two schools gets a bid over USC. The Fiesta Bowl would probably love to have USC against anyone in their bowl game.

God only knows who is going to win the ACC. As it stands right now as long as Va Tech beats UVA and BC beats Maryland they will be facing off in the championship game.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Why is that awful? Have you seen UC play this year?
Probably because there is no real cache value to that game and the stadium is likely to be half empty unless FSU ends up in the game and their fans buy up the UC tickets.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Probably because there is no real cache value to that game and the stadium is likely to be half empty unless FSU ends up in the game and their fans buy up the UC tickets.
What? There is already huge demand for tickets in Cincinnati. They will have no problem selling their share of the tickets.

Think Fresh.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
An Oregon State win would also just about guarantee that Ohio State and an unbeaten Boise team are on the outside looking in. There is no way either of those two schools gets a bid over USC. The Fiesta Bowl would probably love to have USC against anyone in their bowl game.
How about an '05 National Championship rematch in USC vs Texas, that would be the best bowl outside the MNC. Id love to see that matchup if Texas doesnt get into the NC picture, which i dont think they will because, as doublee said, i think OU will jump Texas with a win over Oklahoma State.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I can't believe the Big 12 conference put its tiebreaker in the hands of national polls and computer rankings....

If both Texas and OU win out, UT is obviously the deserving school. Oklahoma might have an argument if they had played Texas in Austin, but it was a neutral site game. I really don't even understand the basis for OU's argument. Is it that their offense looked incredible? Well, this is the Big 12--six different schools light up the scoreboard every single week...it's the arm-tackling conference. I think Texas will get in, and they should.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

In other news, Oregon State's win this week bumped OSU out of the BCS bowls and into the Citrus against an SEC school. Both ESPN whores predict it will be Georgia. I think we have finally found ourselves an SEC school we can beat!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #13
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I think the argument for Oklahoma is that they got better as the season progressed.

I don't like the argument of giving it to UT over OU just because they beat them head to head. That one can pretty easily be dismissed by saying that OU defeated TT when UT couldn't.

I wouldn't say ignore that UT beat Oklahoma. I just think you have to weigh it against how Oklahoma has fared as the season went on. In this instance, I think Oklahoma's progress since that game compared to what UT has done since, outweighs that UT beat them in early October or whatever. If OU can beat Oklahoma St in a solid fashion, then I think I'd consider them the better team than Texas. To me, the head to head game early on doesn't matter that much if I think OU would win that game if they played right now.

Quote:
In other news, Oregon State's win this week bumped OSU out of the BCS bowls and into the Citrus against an SEC school. Both ESPN whores predict it will be Georgia. I think we have finally found ourselves an SEC school we can beat!
Oregon State still has to get past Oregon for this to happen. If Oregon wins, then USC should get the Rose, which bumps OSU into a BCS game most likely. I think.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiDG View Post
I think the argument for Oklahoma is that they got better as the season progressed.

I don't like the argument of giving it to UT over OU just because they beat them head to head. That one can pretty easily be dismissed by saying that OU defeated TT when UT couldn't.
Well OU got Tech at home, while UT lost on a last second play on the road. If youre going to take the loss by Texas and win by OU against Tech, then you should take into account where the games were played as well.

And its hard to say Oklahoma got better and Texas got worse after beating Missouri (#11 at the time) and Oklahoma State(#6 at the time), as well as Kansas on the road after beating OU.

And regardless of whether its Texas or OU vs Florida(providing they beat Bama) in the NC, with Tech basically out of the picture now, Florida's chances of winning diminished greatly IMO. Florida could have beat Tech no problem, but i see them having trouble with Texas or OU.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I didn't say Texas got worse, just that I think Oklahoma got better.

Quote:
Well OU got Tech at home, while UT lost on a last second play on the road. If youre going to take the loss by Texas and win by OU against Tech, then you should take into account where the games were played as well.
I am taking into account where the games were played. I think I'm taking more into account than the argument of "well, they have the same record and UT beat OU, done deal UT is better"
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote