Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Will the Bolts dump LT?

Could Chargers Just Release Tomlinson?

12th January, 2009 - 5:45 pm

San Diego Union-Tribune - The Chargers have a difficult decision to make regarding LaDainian Tomlinson, especially with Darren Sproles entering free agency as a hot commodity.

Tomlinson had the fewest touches and fewest yards of his career in 2008 and is no longer the center of San Diego's offense.

"I don't know," Tomlinson said of his situation. "That's something I have no control over. I'm under contract. It's not like I'm going anywhere. Nobody said nothing to me."

Tomlinson, who will be 30 at the start of next season, has a salary-cap number of $8.8 million in 2009. They could trade him, or simply release him in what many believe would be a more respectful move.

"That's the great thing about being an athlete and playing this game," he said. "Everybody is going to have to answer to injuries at some point in time in their career. Then you have to ask yourself, 'Are you still the same player if you stay healthy?' I think for me that's the question I'm asking myself going into the offseason.

"I just got to make sure, whether with the Chargers or somebody else, that I'm ready to play football next year."

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wi...ase_tomlinson/
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote