Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #31
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Peyton
Brees
McNabb
Culpepper
Brady
Favre
Vick
Delhomme
Green
Roethlisberger
Bulger
Pennington

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #32
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

I'm just kidding about Bledsoe, did yall not catch that? I just love em'. I know Manning is much better.
Yall put Brady so high b/c he wins, thats great and all he is a winner, but hes not such a fantastic qb. Plus I just hate em' because he took out Bledsoe.
gconnhokiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #33
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

But, gconn... he's better than Bledsoe.

Hell, at this point, almost everyone is better than Bledsoe.

Okay, that's overstating it a bit, but... ugh.

Bledsoe's done.

Dave
Old 01-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #34
gconnhokiebird

......... I guess so, but he's been alot better as of late, taking the Bills on that run.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #35
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
My opinion on Brady is that he's not a great qb, he just has a lot of good players around him. I admit that all he knows how to do is win and that he is very clutch. But latley he's been playing a little stupid. He continues to do that little throw the ball while going to the ground thing. I think he's good but is far from Mcnabb, Manning, and Culpeper. Hes clutch, but doesn't take control of a game like the others do.
Thank you. I have found somebody that agrees with me on Brady. I cant stand it when people put him as one of the elite Qbs in the league. He just has a great team around him. He wouldnt even have this great career if Mo Lewis injured Bledsoe 4 years ago when the Jets played thme that was such a gift and that hit on Drew saved their franchise. Brady is clucth but thats about it. He is not a top 5 qb at all.
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #36
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

1 Manning
2 Culpepper
3 Mcnabb
4 Farve
5 Brees
6 Green
7 Brady
8 Vick
9 Pennington
10 Delhome
11 Leftwich
12 Carr
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #37
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Bledsoe didn't take the Bills on that run, gconn. Willis McGahee, the defense, the special teams, they took the team on the run. Bledsoe was just along for the ride, trying hard not to fall off the bus.

bombers' comments warrant but one terse reply: You have no idea what you're talking about.

Dave
Old 01-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #38
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by bombers fan
Thank you. I have found somebody that agrees with me on Brady. I cant stand it when people put him as one of the elite Qbs in the league. He just has a great team around him. He wouldnt even have this great career if Mo Lewis injured Bledsoe 4 years ago when the Jets played thme that was such a gift and that hit on Drew saved their franchise. Brady is clucth but thats about it. He is not a top 5 qb at all.
I'm not sure if getting GConn to agree with you, when no one else will, is really supplementing your argument, but whatever.

If Mo Lewis hadn't injured Bledsoe, the Pats never would have won the Super Bowl. Bottom line is that Brady is clutch and he is a winner and he is one of the top quarterbacks in this league right now. This isn't a Trent Dilfer deal, where he's been asked just not to screw up, he is the leader of that team.

Discarding Brady as a great QB because he isn't putting up "Peyton Manning" stats is like saying Greg Maddux wasn't a great pitcher because he couldn't hit 97 MPH on a radar gun like Randy Johnson. Wins are wins.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #39
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave

bombers' comments warrant but one terse reply: You have no idea what you're talking about.

Dave
I was thinking the same thing as I am having an awful hard time coming with all those Pro Bowlers from the Pats offense since Brady took over. All the other guys mentioned near the top have had either a top flight RB and at least one top flight WR to throw to. This is the first year Brady has ever had a Pro Bowl caliber player at any of the skill positions on offense.
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:24 AM   #40
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

After hearing GConn & Bombers comments about Brady, Tarkus combines the 2 brains in hopes of increasing the grey matter & repairing the obvious damage....

Last edited by Tarkus; 12-04-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #41
gconnhokiebird

I'm cool w/ everyone saying Brady is great, just my opinion that hes overrated. The public seems to make him alittle better and people follow that lead. Just like w/ everything when the media hypes up a team like the Seahawks and everyone hops on thier bandwagon than they suck. Or when everyone talks about the big teams than 2 teams like the Sonics and Suns show up. No one seem to give anyone a chance to seceed execpt for the Heat, Spurs, and Timeberwolvs. Tom Brady deserves alittle more credit though b/c he is a proven winner and I admit that. I just think hes not as good as thought.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #42
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FSUViking (who named 10, not 12) are the only ones who didn't list Brady.
*****...I only listed 10?

Double *****...I forgot Brady. Well, he'd definatly be top 5.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
FSUViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #43
gconnhokiebird

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad O.
I'm a nerd, so whenever we have threads like this, I like to compile the results. If you award 12 points for a 1st-place vote, 11 for a 2nd-place vote, etc., here's our collective list so far...

1] Manning, 129
2] Culpepper, 111
3] McNabb, 107
4] Brady, 84
5] Brees, 76.5
6] Favre, 63
7] Vick, 51
8] Roethlisberger, 49
9] Green, 45
10] Delhomme, 40
11] Pennington, 35
12] Bledsoe, 19

It's worth noting that there was an unusually high degree of agreement this year. One person is almost solely responsible for the aberrations. gconnhokiebird is the only one who:
- doesn't having Manning #1
- doesn't have McNabb in the top 4
- doesn't have Brees in the top 8
- has Vick higher than 5th
- doesn't have Roethlisberger listed
- doesn't have Green listed
- has Pennington higher than 7th

gconn and FSUViking (who named 10, not 12) are the only ones who didn't list Brady. gconn and DWB are the only ones who have Bledsoe higher than 11th. gconn has Bledsoe 2nd, DWB has him 7th, kornbix has him 11th, and no one else has him listed at all. I think it's safe to say that someone is watching a different game than the rest of us...

Reading that just makes me laugh. I guess I need to be more serious. I still won't put Roethilsberger on my list or put Brady high, I'm just not the kind of person that just believes what the media tells me. Anyway heres my real list

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan Mcnabb
3. Mike Vick
4. Daunte Culpeper
5. Pennington
6. Bret Farve
7. Drew Bledsoe
8. Matt Hassleback
9. Tom Brady
10. Aaron Brooks
11. Marc Bulger
12. Drew Brees

I think everyone is really forgetting what Chad Pennington is capable of. He's had a couple of shaky last games but it happens. Will see. People need to think for themselves alittle bit more. Why is Marc Bulger on no lists? He's been pretty good hasn't he? and don't tell me I'm watching a differnt game b/c I can almost guarentee not many of you see the Rams or Saints or Seahawks.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #44
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Bulger? Probably because he gained a rep for coughing the ball up last year and he is QB'ing a team that could be classified by some as a disappointment this season. As for Pennington he was hurt and it is tough to rank a guy that high who did ranked only 20th in yards and 21st in TDs as a top 12 guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:44 AM   #45
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
Why is Marc Bulger on no lists? He's been pretty good hasn't he? and don't tell me I'm watching a differnt game b/c I can almost guarentee not many of you see the Rams or Saints or Seahawks.
Bulger is on four lists, not including your own original post. If not for those rather bizarre selections, Bulger would have been within one point of a tie for 12th place.

Not including gconn's original post, everyone has Manning, Culpepper, and McNabb in the top 4. I can't remember the last time three QBs stood out so strongly in one season. Maybe Montana, Moon, and Cunningham in 1990?

The 4th member of the top 4 is almost invariably either Brady or Brees. bombers has Favre and gconn 2.0 has Vick.

Three of the NFL forum posters I respect most haven't named a top 12. It's not obligatory, but ESP, KB, and doublee, if you want to weigh in, I bet you've got good lists.
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote