Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road
Default Baseball Thoughts

I thought it would be good to post a thread about player thoughts. If you ahve any questions or comments about a player, lay it out here.

I'm gonna start with Bartolo Colon. Is he what everyone makes him out to be? His main attribute is probably the fact that the deeper he goes into games, the harder he throws, Randy Johnson-like. I have watched him pitch twice this season, both were the two games he pitched on Sunday Night Baseball, against Anaheim and Texas. He pitched the shutout against the Angels, a game in which his stuff wasn't his first priority, control was. In the Texas game, his stuff was his first priority and he lost. He pitched a good game that night, going eight innings, giving up five hits, two earned runs, walking one and striking out nine. he was a better pitcher in teh Texas game, no doubt. He didn't have the run support, so he lost.

He has only pitched in the Majors for seven years, with a record of 68-44. He's always been known for his 100 mph fastball, but his control is underrated. He really knows how to paint the corners and hit his spots. He has been inconsistent this season, pitching a couple great ones and a couple bad ones. If he wins 18 games, I think there might be more talks about trading him.
He probably wants to get out of Cleveland, they are on not on the rise anymore, not young, and certainly could use the young talent they would get for Bartolo.