Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #76
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Another bullspit call goes against the rays. When are these guys going to be held accountable? ****ing horrible.
Mush, baseball is taking a step in the right direction...

Replay to start this Thursday.

Hopefully they will start calling balls and strikes correctly, but this is at least a step in the right direction...

-------------

On a side note, looks like the experts are in agreement:

"The best trades of all aren't simply when the new guy makes a big splash and goes on a tear.

No, the best trades come when the new guy not only produces, but when he makes those around him better while he's doing it."

Think Fresh.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #77
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Or get a BS flop (a.j. pierzynski) correct.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #78
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Or get a BS flop (a.j. pierzynski) correct.
Damn you're a sore loser.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #79
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, as I've said, no one wants the strike zone to be called. Hitters won't like the high strikes and pitchers won't like the narrow corners. Remember the plate is 17 inches wide. Most umps give at least 20.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #80
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
The Reds will have the best pitching staff in the NL central next season. With the edition of Micah Owings, the Reds rotation is complete.

Volquez is a legit Cy Young candidate. Harang is a legit Cy Young candidate when not injured. Cueto is even better than both of them.

Arroyo and Owings are two solid 4 and 5 guys.

The Reds traded Dunn because he is going to get nearly 100 million in the off-season. They can't afford that.
Post All-Star break, Volquez hasn't been a Cy-Young Candidate. I don't think he's to that level yet. Can be, but I wouldn't bank on it just yet. If he comes out next season and pitches great the whole way through, yeah, sure. Chances are that Volquez is just not used to the amount of MLB innings he's thrown and will be fine next year. It's just that a lot of pitchers get off to starts like that and fade out. I think it's fair to look for more consistency before putting him on a top level.

Harang, I don't think we're going to agree on. He had really good numbers with a high batting average against the past couple years. I think he was due for a season like this one and that his next couple years will be somewhere in between his '05-'07 numbers and this year.

Cueto, I like.

Arroyo might be a typical number 4, but a typical number 4 that you're going to complain about. I think it's too soon to really say anything about Owings.
Closed Thread