Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #16
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
I don't think thug is the right word, more like undriven, unless he wants to be. The celebration was b/c he felt like he needed some attenition... he obviouly thinks people are forgetting about him.
Well if he wasn't out most the season......
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #17
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

Did you see him in the last games? pathetic. Carrer wise also.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #18
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough

I think the leaving the field early thing was blown way out of proportion. With only eight teams in action this week, the media are desperate for stories, and they already blew their wad about Peyton Manning during the second half of the regular season, leaving... Moss.

The endzone celebration, however, was an unforgivable error in judgement by Moss. WHAT ON EARTH WAS HE THINKING?! That said, I agree with Doug and kind of with FSUViking.

Quote:
Originally posted by FSUViking
Listening to the FOX studio crew talk about it, you'd think Moss beat the crap out of Brett Farve's mom or stabbed a baby.
Yeah. It was pretty pathetic.

Joe Buck went off, too. This is a guy who announces baseball games, where ejected players and coaches sometimes actually strip. Or, you know, throw chairs into the stands.

What Moss did was wrong on every level, but it wasn't the crime against humanity that the FOX guys made it out to be.

Pisses me off we had a pretty good game and now everyone is going to spend the whole week talking about this. Terrell Owens and Nicolette Sheridan, Chad Pennington and the NY media, Randy Moss and the back of his pants... sports shows used to be about sports. Now the sideshow is supposedly more interesting. Another reason to be thankful for athletes with class, who do their talking on the field.

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
Randy Moss will just never go down as "great" b/c he just doesn't care enough.
Somebody doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #19
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

why?

I'm not talking about him leaving the game early, I'm talking about him not running his routes even 30%, just not caring, which is why he is not great.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #20
MaddEnemy
Always next year

I had to bring this comment over.

Marc wrote:
"I was going to congratulate the Vikings, but then I remembered Randy Moss' distasteful and out of line end zone "celebration." I don't see how Vikings fans even put up with him. He is flat out a PUNK".
https://www.sports-central.org/commu...5&pagenumber=2
Old 01-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #21
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

i believe the reason Moss did that is because the fans wouldnt let up on him. during a point in the game Fox caught him on camera telling the fans "what's the mother ****ing score?"....and then he just had enough of the fans and did the first thing that came to mind....

its funny how a lot of people say "i would never want him on my team" and all this stuff, but nobody says anything about TO. He is just as bad, if not worse then Moss. The reason Moss does what he does is because he has no leadership in Minnesota i think

Last edited by Anthony; 01-10-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #22
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by coachJ

its funny how a lot of people say "i would never want him on my team" and all this stuff, but nobody says anything about TO. He is just as bad, if not worse then Moss. The reason Moss does what he does is because he has no leadership in Minnesota i think
What!

T.o. is funny most the time or does things that just have personality. Standing on the Star, R. Lewis dance..... Sure it pisses of the other team but T.O. doesn't moon the fans, give up on his team, run the meter maid over and act like a thug!

Sure some will think T.O. is a wise guy but he is a fun wise guy, Moss is a thug wise guy!
Old 01-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #23
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

Randy Moss just doesn't get it, and I question if he'll ever learn. What do you do if your the Vikings? Nothing, because he's too good. What do you do if your the NFL? Fines are worthless, suspend him. If the NFL doesn't slam dunk this thing now, this will just continue to happen.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #24
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Short term memory. TO has had a pretty controversial season. For things on the field and comments off. TO certainly isn't the right person to point out in this case.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #25
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
The reason Moss does what he does is because he has no leadership in Minnesota i think
I don't think he had leadership growing up!

Let's not forget he went to 3 colleges and 2 of them kicked his THUG ASS OUT!

The first college doesn't come to mind, FSU was the second and Marshall was the third. Also for those of you who remember NO ONE WANTED HIS THUG ASS and his problems when he went into the draft. The Vikings picked him up late in the first round, if he was a classy guy he would have been one of the first drafted that year.

This really is R. Moss, where would this man be if he didn't have the talent he has? No one would like him? Probably a gang banger and some thug on the block. Even scum of the earth can be someone if you have talent but even with talent your still scum.

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 01-10-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #26
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess I'd rather have Moss pretend to moon opposing fans, instead of going into the crowd and beat the ***** out of them, like players from an Indiana basketball team.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:45 AM   #27
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

There is a huge difference between TO's antics and Moss' antics. You don't see TO getting arrested for asinine incidents for one. You don't hear about the cops finding dope in TO's car and him making veiled comments about the NFL knows what TO does. You don't see TO dropping F-bombs to opposing fans. Unfortunately for Moss he just exudes the I don't give a 'F' attitude. I think the guy does want to win, but he is a social misfit of sorts and does not know how to handle the media. This is a guy who was probably given a free pass in life until he became old enough to be incarcerated. He is the Allen Iverson of the NFL.

It will be interesting to see how he plays next weekend. Just watching the game and his ankle looked awful gimpy in the fourth quarter.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #28
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by FSUViking
Well, I guess I'd rather have Moss pretend to moon opposing fans, instead of going into the crowd and beat the ***** out of them, like players from an Indiana basketball team.
OH HELL NO, you are not going to use that comparison as an escape door!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:11 AM   #29
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Hey Madd, you know why it doesn't fly for you to say, "I'm not a racist, but Moss is an N-word!" Because you don't use a special word for white-only "thugs."

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #30
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinBeane
Hey Madd, you know why it doesn't fly for you to say, "I'm not a racist, but Moss is an N-word!" Because you don't use a special word for white-only "thugs."

I don't understand what you mean.

Are you saying I bashed a white person but didn't use a word like cracker?

On a side note Beane,

I noticed you are quick to jump in when you find faults that I may have made but you never have anything positive, constructive or helpful to say when I talk about other things with people here at SC. I even apologized in a PM I sent you a few weeks back about some of my comments I directed towards you. I wasn't asking to be your best friend or anything, you never wrote back and I left it alone. I don't mind arguments, criticism or being corrected if I am wrong or you think I am wrong but your actions and comments seem like your just being an ass towards me and it is getting old, either participate in the forums with me and not just when you find the chance to attack me. Another user here even defended me "I thank him" when you bashed my English and you quickly closed the thread. I start to question your maturity and leadership skills here SC, I know I have gotten under the skin of a few people here but they have ignored it and we have moved on like men but you like a child keep going on. I am not just talking about this time so don't pin point it to this topic, I am sure others have seen the attacks you have aimed towards me. I have no problem fighting in one thread over something but when I go to another thread I hope we can separate the 2 and be civilized as we discuss something else. If the only thing you find interesting in a post I made or am involved is how you can bash what I just said or something about me, that is just sad and pathetic and you probably shouldn't be assisting Marc at SC.

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 01-10-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Closed Thread