Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Biggest surprises so far

Chris Johnson was talking big before the season about breaking 2,000 yards and being a superstar, but he's averaging like 3 ypc. Are defenses keying in on him (likely) so much that he's done as a dominant rusher? Meanwhile, how about Arian Foster leading the league in rushing? This guy has been amazing and came out of nowhere.

I think Vick's terrific play (broken ribs and all) warrant a lot of praise. How many thought he could play at that level again after jail? Eagles, you never, ever trade a QB to a division rival...

How about the undefeated Chiefs? Seriously?!

The Jets look good, sans one game, and their defense could propel them back deep into the playoffs.

Bengals suck on offense, even with Ochocinco and T.O. They need a better running game. Blah.

Sam Bradford looks like a franchise QB in St. Louis. Rams fans have to be happy at 2-2.

My Packers are hard to call; looked good to start, have struggled the last two games. The loss of Ryan Grant could have been the nail in the coffin for a Super Bowl run.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road

Well I called Arian Foster, which is why I suck at Fantasy Football, because he gets all my points.

I called Mike Vick too lol.

The T.O. show rolled into town to the tune of over 200 yards recieving, doesnt matter when you have no help what happened to Benson?

My biggest surprise is that the usual suspects are struggling, the Colts are 2 and 2, the Pack are struggling, Minne and Dallas are unheard from. What happened to the power teams?

Meanwhile the Chiefs and Rams look at least decent, Cleveland has been in every game so dont count them out quite yet, not with Hillis

Speaking of which where did Peyton Hillis come from? Guy is on a mission, best Browns back since...well...ever.

and than the Saints, what happened to my offense?

My only championship this year....college soccer. :thumbdown:
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) View Post

The T.O. show rolled into town to the tune of over 200 yards recieving, doesnt matter when you have no help what happened to Benson?
Yeah, what happened to Benson I thought he was like one of the three or four best backs in the league. :lol:
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Yeah, what happened to Benson I thought he was like one of the three or four best backs in the league. :lol:

Its more coaching than his abilities, he ran WILD this week on Tampa Bay, but he only got seven carries in the first half, he was averaging nine yards per carry and Carson just doesnt have it anymore, USE YOUR WEAPONS!!!

The Bengals need new coaches, T.O. is all over the field (washed up lol yeah right) but the coaches dont use their weapons properly.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but the Bucs are still one of the worst run defenses in the league. They give up 143 yards per game. Any back worth his salt should go for 100 against that defense.

As for the Bengals offense I think it is a combination is things for them. Palmer is not the same guy he was before all the injuries, but I also think some of it is due to the Bengals not having a strong enough offensive line for them to be able to open the offense up more.

I never said TO was washed up just that he is no longer one of the league's elite receivers.

The thing about the Bengals is they easily could have been 7-9 or 6-10 last year. They won a lot of games by less than 7 points last season and caught a lot of breaks to win 10 games last season. A lot of teams teams who win a lot of games by close margins one year will end up losing those games the following year. We are seeing some of that this year. They have two games by a field goal this season, two games they may have won last year.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Yes I agree with most of that sentiment, T.O. wants people to know he is still an elite receiver though. Have you seen his last two games, I watched them live, I dont care who you are playing that is a lot of yards against any defense in the NFL.