Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Cowboys 8 72.73%
Giants 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #16
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

It's really tough to beat a team three times in one season though.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:14 AM   #17
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by deavobadger View Post
It's really tough to beat a team three times in one season though.
Good point. Looking back to all the Patriots / Jets playoff games, it seems like the Jets would snag a game ion the regular season. And while I'm on the Jets / Pats playoffs... as many as they've had (or I can remember), it's amazing that these two teams (Cowboys / NYG) have never met in the playoffs!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
777bandman
Sports Enthusiast

777bandman is on a distinguished road

Here is my game day prediction guys -
Personally I think is the most intriguing matchup of the four games this weekend. Eli Manning is coming off his first career playoff win and may have finally found his groove, but don't be so sure. The Giants got it handed to them twice earlier this season versus division rival Dallas. While the Giants look to be peaking, the Cowboys have lost two of the last three while averaging 10.3 points a game and a miserable 67 yards during this span, including a single rushing yard in Week 17.
Key Battle: 3rd Down Conversions - In Dallas's three losses this season they are a combined 5-35 (14.3 %) on converting third downs, while in their thirteen wins they are a combined 79-164 (48.2 %).
MY PREDICTION: NY Giants 31, Dallas 20
777bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #19
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

Wow what a crazy game
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #20
vandal_88
albert belle swagger.

vandal_88 is on a distinguished road

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

WHAT A SECOND HALF THE GIANTS HAD ON DEFENSE!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #21
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Romo is overated as most of us here have been saying.... Maybe TO should work more on his game instead of TD celebrations and sayings like "getcha popcorn ready"!!

Glad this team lost... Lets go Favre and th Pack!!!!

How awesome was it to see that geek Jerry Jones on the sidelines at the end of the game too. Stay off the field!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #22
boston_aloha
FFB #2

OMG!! Who's watching the postgame conference with Terrell Owens?? This baby is freaking CRYING!!! :lol:
Quote: "thats not fair (sniff), thats my teamate" (when asked about Romo and his vacation)

This is a riot!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Romo and the Cowboys offense completely fall apart in the second half.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #24
Mr. Dô
Sports Enthusiast

Mr. Dô is on a distinguished road

two weeks in a Row I turned out Right, only game I was wrong on so far was the Washington @ Seattle Game

First week I picked

Giants
Redskins
Chargers
Jaguars

second week

Giants
Packers
Chargers
Patriots

lol

Next week

Packers
Chargers
Mr. Dô is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #25
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

Wow, Chargers over the Pats? They gave up 400 yards to Manning, barely beat the Colts (who's D played pretty poorly all game) and you think they can take the Pats? I hope you are right Mr. D, but I don't think it's likely.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #26
Mr. Dô
Sports Enthusiast

Mr. Dô is on a distinguished road

Barely beat the Colts? with Dungy having the Refs by the balls maybe but if the Refs weren't making bs calls The Chargers would have won by 11 points not 4

not saying there Defense played perfect or great but they sure put Manning on check at the right times at least lol

That's just a Big shot, I won't be shocked if I'm wrong on it, I made the call against the Steelers and a Bold call against the Cowboys, I'm hoping this one turns out right as well lol
Mr. Dô is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #27
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I was on the treadmill watching the end of this game and threw my hands in the air in jubilation when Dallas lost. I freakin' hate the Cowboys ... Romo is okay, but hate T.O. and Jerry Jones. Sick of those Romo/Favre comparisons when the former has yet to win a single playoff game. Dallas losing makes for a great weekend!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #28
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Romo is overated as most of us here have been saying....
You know I have been rowing that boat with you all season. :thumbsup2:

Especially after all the ESPN garbage putting this guy on the same level as Brady or Peyton..........What? This guy has won two LESS playoff games than Rex FREAKIN Grossman.

Quote:
Maybe TO should work more on his game instead of TD celebrations and sayings like "getcha popcorn ready"!!
I can almost hear Keyshawn laughing........I wonder if he will take a shot or two at TO.

Quote:
Glad this team lost
You and me both.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #29
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

The Eagles have two connections to this - one current, the other historical: Remember that it was the Eagles who started the Cowboys on their late-season slide which culminated in this loss; and Wade Phillips and Tony Romo now find themselves in the same psychological position that Buddy Ryan and Randall Cunningham were in with the Eagles back in the late '80s and early '90s.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #30
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
OMG!! Who's watching the postgame conference with Terrell Owens?? This baby is freaking CRYING!!! :lol:
Quote: "thats not fair (sniff), thats my teamate" (when asked about Romo and his vacation)

This is a riot!!
My favorite part: "We lost as a team. We lost as a team, man."

How come it was always the quarterback's fault in Philadelphia and San Francisco, but now an important loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the entire team and anyone who blames Tony Romo is being "really unfair?"

I just don't buy T.O.'s attempt to be the perfect teammate. As someone told me: "Maybe Owens was just looking to win the New Hampshire primary with those tears!"

And at least Eli Manning will finally get bragging rights over Peyton for a year...

Last edited by tobynosker; 01-14-2008 at 10:09 AM.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote