Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite Type of Music? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=191)

iFroggy 12-20-2000 07:58 PM

Well, Christina is going to have Puffy produce a track or two for her next album. So, there is hope yet! :)

I will have to buy the Puffy produced track. What can I say? I pledge alegence to Bad Boy. :D

Wedge231 12-20-2000 08:50 PM

I HATE RAP........

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wedge231
I HATE RAP........
Brief and to the point. Thankyou for the 3 words of wisdom!

iFroggy 12-20-2000 10:44 PM

Well... everyone is entitled to there opinion. I don't come in here and say "I HATE _____." I personally believe that music is a personal thing and everyone likes different types... so who am I to judge it?

Really doesn't matter to be... "My style your admiring, don't be mad - UPS is hiring" :)

Spike 12-24-2000 10:58 PM

Favorite Christmas song

Speaking of music, does anybody have a favorite Christmas song? To be honest, I don't really like Christmas songs that much but I like at least one and it is my favorite (at the moment, for some odd reason). It's an old song called, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

I'm not sure who originally sings it. I think it was originally sung by a guy named Andy Williams.

I just recently got an mp3 of it off the Web but I've also gone to music chat rooms and they have mp3's of other singers like Amy Grant singing it too.

Wedge231 12-24-2000 11:58 PM

I like Christmas songs as they help me get int othe spirit of Christmas. I don't have any favorites though.

Marc 12-25-2000 10:46 AM

Same with me - my family has some various albums, but I don't know and could care less who they are by, etc.

Rick Dogg 12-26-2000 12:54 PM

The Haunika(not sure if I spelled that right) Song by Adam Sandler is great!

iFroggy 12-26-2000 03:49 PM

Yeah... my family does have some albums. And Yes, Adam Sandler's music is very funny! :)

I like the Christmas song "Sleigh Ride" by TLC... and there was a song "Santa Baby" with Puffy and Ma$e a while back.

JakeLitwicki 12-27-2000 12:11 AM

RAP isn't classified as music, it's RAP.

iFroggy 12-27-2000 01:06 AM

Jake,

Knock it off already. You think pounding on drums is music? Then rhyming to a beat is music, too. Don't go too far, I haven't said anything bad about what you listen to, so back off.

Wedge231 12-27-2000 01:29 PM

I apoligize to my comments earlier in this thread regarding rap. I just can't seem to stand it but you are right and are entitled to your own opnion. If heavy metal is classified as music then I guess rap is also.

meshie 12-27-2000 01:55 PM

Heavy Metal, 70's rock (:D), hard rock, and some alternative. My favourite bands are Motorhead, Metallica, Black Sabbath, led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd etc etc.

iFroggy 12-27-2000 02:34 PM

Thanks Wedge. :) I was really directing it at Jake, because he has said things more then once on this thread. (Both posts are one liners lol)

Rap takes a lot of junk in general. Its all good though. :)

JakeLitwicki 12-28-2000 02:33 AM

Funny how you take my "dissing" of Rap personally.

Perhaps you need to lighten up?

Rap is mainstream, repetative, unoriginal, uncreative, unmusical, garbage. If you even debate that, then I don't know what to say.

Spend six months of your time "learning to rap" and six months learning to "beat on drums" and we'll see which comes easier.

If you really care to debate this, I'll start a new post just for you and I :)