Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   Major League Baseball (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   If You Could Choose Any City..............? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=2525)

bama4256 11-03-2001 02:06 AM

If You Could Choose Any City..............?

If it was up to you to choose a city for a new Major League Baseball teams where would you choose?

I would choose Washington D.C. I miss the old Washington Senators and I think a team in D.C. would be well supported now.

What do u guys or girls think?

lmanchur. 11-03-2001 10:44 AM

Uhhh.... Alaska?? Are you serious?????????????

Anyway... Austin, Texas -- maybe, but I too said Washington. That seems to be where all the talk is, anyway.

NickHammy 11-03-2001 03:40 PM

Other....Columbus Ohio baby! I would go all the time :)

Nate 11-03-2001 04:03 PM

Indianapolis! We need Major Leage Baseball in Indiana! Move the stupid Indianapolis Indians minor league team to Lafayette or Ft. Wayne or something and make a MLB team in Indy! :D

Wile E Coyote 11-03-2001 11:19 PM

NONE OF THE ABOVE

With the talk of contraction, the last thing MLB needs to do right now is add teams.

But if MLB were to add a team, there'd be no better place right now than Mexico City.

Anthony 11-04-2001 10:34 AM

What? Austin on the list and not San Antonio, which has twice Austin's population and is, in fact, the largest metropolitan area currently without major league baseball? And what about Portland, Charlotte, Buffalo, Nashville and New Orleans?

Marc 11-04-2001 03:35 PM

Exactly my thoughts, Wile E Coyote. I would say Indiana deserves a team, or Charlotte if I had to choose - but realistically, the league doesn't need anymore teams.

lmanchur. 11-04-2001 04:51 PM

LOL!!!! :lol:

Who voted for Alaska!?????? :D

Marc 11-04-2001 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SC-Lee
LOL!!!! :lol:

Who voted for Alaska!?????? :D

:uhoh:

If I didn't agree with any of the choices, I had to vote for one. :D

Rick Dogg 11-08-2001 08:44 PM

I can see it now....."Sorry son, but you have been traded to Anchorage."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)

lmanchur. 11-08-2001 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick Dogg
I can see it now....."Sorry son, but you have been traded to Anchorage."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)

LOL!!!!! :lol:

:D:D:D:D:D

bama4256 11-09-2001 01:34 AM

Alaska would be nice-If I was the owner I would build a nice heated domed stadium. Outside I would have cameras spanning a view of the mountains and the polar bears eating seals lol

I would name the team the Alaskan Frontier or the Alaskan Gold Rush-ok maybe u can come up with something better.

People that live there are usually well off and its a great place to meet new people.

Marc 11-09-2001 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bama4256
Alaska would be nice-If I was the owner I would build a nice heated domed stadium. Outside I would have cameras spanning a view of the mountains and the polar bears eating seals lol
I don't know if it's because it's 1 AM here or what, but when I read that, I fell out of my chair laughing. "Polar bears eating seals and the mountains." :lol:

Nate 11-09-2001 11:32 AM

An Alaska team would be 'interesting' to say the least. :D

Ross 11-09-2001 10:40 PM

If we're gonna put one in Anchorage, why not Honolulu?:cool: