Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Welcome to SURVIVOR! Let the individual challenges begin! (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=1775)

Wedge231 07-27-2001 09:23 PM

I'm pretty sure I know who voted for me..... :P

lmanchur. 07-27-2001 10:53 PM

Re: I was wrong .....

Quote:

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
Lee's artistic skills will not help him out in the later rounds ....
Well, in the real show, they always get to say something after they're booted off... so I'm just going to say the following:

"I would like to think I played the game very fair. I may have costed the Demolition Destroyers a chance to get even when I said that we, unkowingly, disobeyed the rules, but I am proud that we came through and, eventually, followed the rules by fessing up and being honest.

Anyways, I know I was voted off because I was the most likely to win the event out of the final six (;)). At least, that's how I voted, so I hope everyone else voted the same way.
"

Wedge231 07-27-2001 11:07 PM

Oh cool. I don't think that's how I got my vote though, lol..... ;)

Rick Dogg 07-29-2001 01:00 PM

Marc, what is the tribe called?

Ross 07-29-2001 02:01 PM

Marc is back on Wednesday, Rick.

Jersey Devil 07-31-2001 03:33 PM

Idea for next challenge ...

Here's the idea for the next challenge. The problem is that I'm not too sure if it'd work too well. Tell me what you think of it, if it could work, how you'd do it, etc.

-------------

Everybody must try to duplicate the sports central main page (sports-central.org) using ONLY the Microsoft Paint program that comes standard with Windows. I will then judge them and choose the best one.

-------------

Would the pictures be small enough to be emailed to me? Would they have to be loaded up to a webpage or something? All you really smart computer people ... give me some help! I plan on starting this challenge once things get straightened out with it. If this one doesn't work, I have a back-up challenge.

Wedge231 07-31-2001 07:14 PM

It sounds hard I think. Or could you cut and paste certain elements? I dunno, I just know if we do this, it would be beyond my abilities. I couldn't even copy SC's main page with Photoshop :o

lmanchur. 07-31-2001 11:24 PM

For Everyone's Information.... I came up with the idea for this challenge.... I also threw in an option rule for Jersey Devil to throw in where you are not allowed to use the text feature.. therefore, you're trying to make the site look as realistic as possible, but on the other hand, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to do it exactly... in fact, I can tell you from using MS Paint quite a bit that it's graphical capablities won't allow you to do it unless you spend a lot of time at it......... the pictures should be small enough in file size to e-mail, but ONLY if they're converted from the default file type of MS Paint (bitmap, .BMP) to a .GIF file or .JPG file....

I think it'd be a fun challenge, but I'm also the one that the majority of people no longer want in the tribe, so what do I know!? :P

iFroggy 08-01-2001 12:03 AM

Hmm... it will be a very rough sketch in MS Paint. Nothing remotely exact (unless the person cheated). Sounds okay by me.

NickHammy 08-01-2001 11:36 AM

Well, if we did this I know I wouldn't win the immunity...:goof: :sleepy: :o :no way:

Marc 08-01-2001 08:14 PM

Re: Idea for next challenge ...

Quote:

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
Would the pictures be small enough to be emailed to me? Would they have to be loaded up to a webpage or something? All you really smart computer people ... give me some help! I plan on starting this challenge once things get straightened out with it.
Yes, they would most likely have to be e-mailed to you. And people, give Jersey Devil a break, try to reduce your image sizes without effecting quality: http://webservices.adobe.com/optimize/main.html

What you could do is, let Lee (since he's not playing anymore) take all the entries after the voting is over and put them into one collage so we could see each other's entries WITHOUT knowing who did what. Would be really fun. And Jersey Devil, you need to set a maximum pixel size, too (length by width).

lmanchur. 08-01-2001 08:43 PM

Re: Re: Idea for next challenge ...

Quote:

Originally posted by mjames
What you could do is, let Lee (since he's not playing anymore) take all the entries after the voting is over and put them into one collage so we could see each other's entries WITHOUT knowing who did what. Would be really fun.
Great idea!!.... I'm up for helping in any way I can.

Nate 08-02-2001 03:41 AM

Sound fun guys. Just wish I was still in. Oh, well...maybe I'll try it anyway. :rolleyes:

NickHammy 08-03-2001 03:13 PM

So is this the official challenge???

Marc 08-04-2001 01:14 PM

Jersey Devil, we need an "official word" here.