Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sign-Up *NOW* for SPORTS SURVIVOR 2 : New Players, But The Game Remains The Same (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=2428)

lmanchur. 10-19-2001 10:05 AM

Sign-Up *NOW* for SPORTS SURVIVOR 2 : New Players, But The Game Remains The Same

1 Attachment(s)
After the success of the first Sports Survivor and the apparant interest in a second edition, with no particular objects (yet ;) ) to me running the thing, here is your opportunity to sign-up now for a second edition of SPORTS SURVIVOR. We will have new teams, new players, a new logo, and new challenges, but the game remains the same -- determine the weakest link or, perhaps, even the strongest link -- whatever way you need to go to win the title of the ultimate SPORTS SURVIVOR.

Teams will be drawn at random this time around -- when the list or participants is complete, I will draw at random their names out of a hat to determine who is on whose team.... or perhaps, we should maybe have a challenge before the game even begins, and the top 2 finishers in that challenge can be "captains" of teams, and they can choose their own teams -- WHATEVER you guys want! : I need suggestions.

Please state that you want to play in this game below, and if you have any challenge ideas, PM them to me.

If you played in the previous SPORTS SURVIVOR, we want you to play this one!... If you didn't play in the previous one, we STILL want you to play this one!! New and Old, please sign-up! The more, the merrier!... and if you're not sure what you're getting into, this is a cheap rip-off of the CBS Survivor show, except played over the internet with the majority of immunity challenges dealing with sport questions. You start off in a team of 5 or 6 and then, as people are voted out, the teams combine and you participate in individual immunity challenges. When there are two contestants left, everyone that was voted then votes for who they think the winner should be -- it works like the CBS Survivor show, and even if you don't like that show, you will like this, trust me!

Sign-Up Now!

NickHammy 10-19-2001 10:59 AM

Sign me up Lee. :)
I like the captains idea....except I don't wanna be a captain.

SC-Jared 10-19-2001 03:30 PM

I'm in.

I'm for the picking from a hat. Captains would be too hard and could corrupt the game right from the start! Randomizing is easy and problem-proof.

Rick Dogg 10-19-2001 06:52 PM

I'll play. I really like the captains idea--isnt the whole point of the game to cause controversy? Sign me up Lee!

bostonsportsfan 10-19-2001 07:30 PM

I'm in!

Nate 10-20-2001 01:07 PM

Count me in. Hopefully I can get past the first round this time. :P

Ross 10-20-2001 01:08 PM

IN!

lmanchur. 10-20-2001 01:46 PM

Great! -- that's six.... it'd be good if we could double that for two teams of six.

If you're interested, SAY SO!!!!!!!! :D

Brandon 10-21-2001 02:28 AM

Count me in. I'm hoping to advance past the tribal merger part of the game this time. I've got a couple strategies this time through too, after playing the last game independent and aidless.

Marc 10-24-2001 10:37 AM

I'm not ignoring this or anything, it's just that I think it would be better if I sit back and observe things this time. BUT, if you still need more players in a week or so, I will play. Let me try to do some recruitment, as I did with the SCMB Basketball League.

Peck 10-26-2001 10:22 PM

Been A LONG LONG time i've been here.....................but i wanna see wat Sports Survivor in...............and don't pick me as a captain since I have no idea wat it is./.............

lmanchur. 10-26-2001 10:37 PM

Peck!! Nice to see ya again!!!!!!!!!

Basically, members of this board compete in sport-related challenges to win immunity.. then, people get voted off over time to determine the ultimate SPORTS SURVIVOR -- it works just like the TV series, but challenges are based on sports and it's all done over the boards.

So, to confirm, you're in?

bama4256 10-26-2001 10:45 PM

Somebody please sign me up:goof:

lmanchur. 10-27-2001 01:32 AM

Okay, bama, you're in!!!........ BTW, what IS your real name!? :)

.....right now we're just in the sign-up process...... and if anyone you know of anyone that wants to join, have them say so in this thread!!!

bama4256 10-27-2001 01:38 AM

My real name is Keith Thronson