View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #100
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Rampage's boxing has improved exponentially since he came back from Japan; indeed, it enabled him to avenge his two losses to Wanderlei over there.
I have to disagree; Rampage avenged his losses because Wanderlei is a shadow of his former self. Honestly, I think 'Page is, too, he just hasn't fallen as far as Wandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony
Shogun should have been DQ'd when he and Rampage fought in Japan
Why?

Quote:
if he does beat Rashad he will be 2-0 in grudge matches, and considering the above, Rampage-Shogun would be the great-granddaddy of all grudge matches).
He'd be 2-1, unless you don't count the first rematch with Wand. Maybe even 2-2, if you count losing the belt to Forrest after TUF. And there's no way a rematch with Shogun would be bigger than the one with Silva, apart from the possible stakes (LHW belt). The grudge factor was huge against Silva.

Quote:
Don't worry, Anderson Silva is still going to fight - and destroy - Chael Sonnen. But didn't Belfort just join AARP?
Belfort is two years younger than Anderson Silva. He hasn't lost in more than three years and has won his last three fights by knockout. I suspect you're right about Sonnen. I wouldn't mind seeing Silva-Okami II.

Quote:
Yes it was a joke - but it would be an awesome matchup though (and if I'm not mistaken Mayhem has fought at 170 in the past).
It would be an intriguing fight.
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote