View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
Last week: 1-3. Postseason totals: 1-3, Pct. .250. Best Bets: 1-0, Pct. 1.000.

New England 27 (+3), DENVER 21 - Tom Brady is 10-0 lifetime in the postseason, while Jake Plummer is 1-3, and the Broncos haven't won a playoff game since Brady was a junior at Michigan. Furthermore, the prime-time start may actually hurt Denver because it makes it more likely that the kickoff-time temperature will be 35 degrees or colder - a setting in which Brady has never lost a game in which he has both started and finished (15-0), regardless of where the games were played. In Denver's 28-20 home victory over New England on October 16, the Patriots were without the most important players on both their rushing offense (Corey Dillon) and run defense (Richard Seymour), both of whom will be in there this time around. Hard to go past a proven postseason commodity as an underdog to a team that is anything but.
Another tidbit to throw in about the Pats is that Belichick has never lost a rematch game as a head coach where he played the same team earlier in the season.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!

Last edited by Marc; 01-14-2006 at 07:53 PM.
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote