Thread: Unit Rankings
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Agreed. Penn State has the best receiving corps in the Big Ten and quite possibly school history. The old man will open it up with Morelli being a senior (much like 2005 with Robinson) and we'll see what they got. If only the line and RB situation was more stable...eh Alex?

Backfields include the QB in these ratings. Just stating that to clear the confusion. Michigan has a true freshman backing up Henne. I kind of like Wisconsin' backfield more than UM's overall...as a unit. Donovan and Evridge are really solid. I know they lack starting experience but I love their promise and Donovan's play last year. Plus Hill is a beast.

Then again...I'm Wisconsin crazy. :thumbup:

I don't know too much outside the Big Ten...LOL...but I like Penn State's secondary, receivers, and linebacking unit as being up there with the nation's elite. Michigan's offensive line is probably the best in the Big Ten...with only Wisconsin having a beef there. D-line in the Big Ten goes to Wisconsin...hands down.

I like Connor over James L. at OSU but I think we may have more depth at linebacker than the Lions. It's close and they have the experience so I'll give 'em the nod for now. Larry Grant is a star in the making at LB in Columbus.
The OL doesn't particularly concern me. Losing Brown is big but Cadogan slides over there with some starting experience and it's widely believed that he's a better fit at tackle than guard.

OSU may have PSU beat depth-wise this year but in the coming years I don't think anyone in the nation will rival the talent and depth that Penn State has at LB. Even losing Connor after '07, PSU's linebackers will probably be collectively better in '08. They brought in a terrific group of talented LB's in the past recruiting class and they have possibly assembled an even better one so far this year.