Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #46
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
.Seriously, someone explain, if nothing was done wrong, why are the majority of republican senators voting against Gonzales?
That has nothing at all to do with this issue; AG Gonzales rulings probably are not all that popular; his handling of the recent decision on the two border patrol agents angered many Republicans but that has nothing at all to do with this attorney issue...

This attorney issue is a FISHING EXPEDITION by Democrats. Pure and Simple!

CLINTON FIRED ALL HIS ATTORNEYS
BUSH FIRED EIGHT OF HIS ATTORNEYS

Any, any, any criticism by Democrats on this issue of attorneys IS PURE HYPOCRISY!

Last week the Democrats (Rep. Henry Waxman et al.) hosted Spook Mistress Plame to try to throw stones at Administration even though Special Prosecutor Fitz neglected to charge the guy that outed the spook at the State Department: Richard Armitage! This week it is a fishing expedition about attorneys... What next?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #47
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hmmm, well the Senate never voted 94-2 against Janet Reno and her actions against the attorneys. YOu are completely forgetting the fact that the majority of republicans are AGAINST the actions of the Attorney Generals office. Does that mean nothing to you? Do you just ignore these facts.
I have stated a fact here, Fresh. These firings were performance based. If AG Gonzalez wants people to think otherwise, that is his perrogative.
As I said about Mr. McKay, he was the US attorney for Western Washington and was presented with credible evidence that Federal election laws had been broken. Not only did he not indict anyone, he did not even investigate the allegations. This, my friend, is poor performance and should be a terminatable offense. He is responsible for at least investigating allegations of criminal activity within his jurisdiction.
You can hang your hat on the vote against Gonzalez all you want, but the fact remains these firings were based on poor performance on the jobs, not strictly politics as you would have people believe.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #48
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Don't worry, ITN, the Democrats will find more "witch-hunts" to waste money and time on before they are out of power in 2009.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #49
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Don't worry, ITN, the Democrats will find more "witch-hunts" to waste money and time on before they are out of power in 2009.
You notice that Dems have grown silent on Iraq in recent days... success there with the beginnings of the surge have them frustrated so they are on a fishing expedition on domestic issues!

Bush reaffirmed his support for Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez and no departure is planned; I know how eager Dems are to sack the first Hispanic in that office! Bush's comment on how Dems are turning this fishing expedition into a public spectacle is also right on; I really loved the absolute frustration on Pat Leahy's face...Any day he is angry is a good day for the nation... White House counsel Fred Fielding's smackdown of Leahy was priceless!

Let's see how long it takes before the majority of Americans see this Democrat spectacle on attorneys for what it is: a waste of time...
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #50
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
You notice that Dems have grown silent on Iraq in recent days... success there with the beginnings of the surge have them frustrated so they are on a fishing expedition on domestic issues!

Bush reaffirmed his support for Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez and no departure is planned; I know how eager Dems are to sack the first Hispanic in that office! Bush's comment on how Dems are turning this fishing expedition into a public spectacle is also right on; I really loved the absolute frustration on Pat Leahy's face...Any day he is angry is a good day for the nation... White House counsel Fred Fielding's smackdown of Leahy was priceless!

Let's see how long it takes before the majority of Americans see this Democrat spectacle on attorneys for what it is: a waste of time...
Pretty much put perfectly!
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #51
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
his attorney issue is a FISHING EXPEDITION by Democrats.
I didn't know the Democrats had 94 seats in the Senate...

Republicans are just as pissed about this. Only those who have blind faith in this administration don't see the problem. Gonzales will be gone before April.

Quote:
94 Democratic Senators?

Take a look at Bush's and other republicans' approval ratings. I don't think the Democrats need to worry about losing any power. I think the party that has been in power for years and has demonstrated failure after failure should be worried.

I wish I knew you guys personally. I would bet everything I own that Democrats will win the White House AND more seats in congress.

The Republicans don't have a leg to stand on...

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #52
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I would bet everything I own that Democrats will win the White House AND more seats in congress.
That all depends on the market situation the month before the 2008 election; based on precedent though, I'll take that bet... DNC did not pick up anything in last mid-term election but moderate Democrats no more far left loonies... Based on performance this far from Dems showing utter confusion and no stands on issues and no alternate plans (internationally or domestically), I doubt Americans will be fooled. And though lame duck nature of president's popularity reflects poorly on Executive Office as it does for every president in second term, this does not translate into nation's opinion of GOP. Most Americans are still politically right of center.

Quote:
The Republicans don't have a leg to stand on...
You never heard of veto?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #53
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Most Americans are still politically right of center.
LOL, the exact opposite is true. Why do you think low voter turn out is best for the GOP whereas high voter turn out favors Democrats?

Quote:
DNC did not pick up anything in last mid-term election but moderate Democrats
Yeah, the Democratic party is the party of moderates and various views. Of course there are some extremely liberal Democrats, but most are moderate. The Democratic party represents many views, as opposed to the narrow-minded, extreme conservative, inability to change, lack of diversity GOP.

Think Fresh.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #54
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, the Democratic party is the party of moderates and various views...
So why did you morons sh_tcan Senator Lieberman, a moderate liberal?

I'll wait while you consult your handlers for an answer!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #55
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
So why did you morons sh_tcan Senator Lieberman, a moderate liberal?
I had nothing to do with that... But I appreciate the credit. And thanks for the insult on my intelligence, I always enjoy when we can act like adults...

The democratic voters must have felt there was a better candidate that represented their interests better. Lieberman is still a Democrat.

Think Fresh.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #56
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Lieberman is still a Democrat.
Actually, no he is not!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #57
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Actually, no he is not!
Check his voting record. He has said he still considers himself a democrat, no matter what he was elected as.

Think Fresh.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #58
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Check his voting record...
He said he is an Independant. What more do you want?

Lieberman has no interest in associating with the traitorous Democrats who abandoned him when he needed their help during campaign!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #59
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
He said he is an Independant. What more do you want?

Lieberman has no interest in associating with the traitorous Democrats who abandoned him when he needed their help during campaign!
He is an Independent by necessity, not by choice.

Anyway you slice it, he is one of us...

Think Fresh.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #60
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
...Anyway you slice it, he is one of us...
Interesting way you put that... "one of us" ... like one has to wash one's hands after association with the "us" folks...

I doubt Senator Lieberman would vote with the Democrats, much less associate with them.