Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 03:56 AM   #10921
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1
 
da12ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,994
da12ken will become famous soon enough
Default

Damn, where is everyone? I was invited to a birthday party tonight, but I figured I'd sit in front of my computer wearing sweats and eating chow mein. You know, doing my thang.
__________________
[Seattle Mariners][Oakland Raiders][USC Trojans][Orlando Magic]

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 AM   #10922
boston_aloha
FFB #2
 
boston_aloha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,850
boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default

This place is a ghost town!
__________________
Homer: "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
boston_aloha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #10923
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1
 
da12ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,994
da12ken will become famous soon enough
Default

I went to a real ghost town once on a bus tour. It was like a snapshot frozen in time.
__________________
[Seattle Mariners][Oakland Raiders][USC Trojans][Orlando Magic]

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #10924
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
I went to a real ghost town once on a bus tour. It was like a snapshot frozen in time.
When you drive from L.A. to Vegas there is that ghost town you can stop at where they filmed a Brady Bunch episode (when they go to the Grand Canyon). The last time I was driving thru there I wanted to stop but I wasn't sure exactly where it was and considering it was 116 degrees out...getting lost wouldn't have been wise.
buckeyefan78 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #10925
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

Hey, if anyone wants a pair of free 3D glasses to use over in the political forum, PM me...:thumbup:
__________________
Tarkus is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #10926
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
Hey, if anyone wants a pair of free 3D glasses to use over in the political forum, PM me...:thumbup:
Throw in a shovel and ya got yourself a deal...
buckeyefan78 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #10927
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

:lol:

More like a Bobcat....
__________________
Tarkus is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #10928
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
:lol:

More like a Bobcat....
Even though brass moved that forum over and you can pretty much avoid it...for the most part... it still annoys the hell outta me we have it.

Ain't there a saying about attracting bees with honey...something about vinegar in there too...?

Anyway, that forum could only attract evil bees...with swords and bad breath.

buckeyefan78 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #10929
boston_aloha
FFB #2
 
boston_aloha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,850
boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
I went to a real ghost town once on a bus tour. It was like a snapshot frozen in time.
Once I went on a family vacation to the Grand Canyon and we stopped in a ghost town. We met this old prospector that showed us around, he ended up locking us up in one of the old jails because he thought we were after his claim. My dad had all of us take off our shoes and he threw them at the keys on the wall, knocking them off the hook. Then we tied all our socks together and made a rope and "snagged" the keys.
We got loose and made it to the Grand Canyon... but later my little sister Cindy and little brother Bobby got lost.
Huh, now that I think about it, that trip sucked :thumbdown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
When you drive from L.A. to Vegas there is that ghost town you can stop at where they filmed a Brady Bunch episode (when they go to the Grand Canyon). The last time I was driving thru there I wanted to stop but I wasn't sure exactly where it was and considering it was 116 degrees out...getting lost wouldn't have been wise.
Ahhhh... just read your post!! You ruined me! :redhot:
__________________
Homer: "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
boston_aloha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #10930
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

Careful now, Buckeye...

Talkin' like that might get your name used in vain on another sight or sumpthin' like that...

Better to be like the quiet butterfly who floats in on wings of gossamer & goes unnoticed in the maelstrom....:angel:

Awww, who am I kiddin'???...get the can of gasoline...I got the matches....:thumbup:
__________________
Tarkus is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #10931
Ellis
gymnopedist
 
Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hyde Park
Posts: 8,141
Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
When you drive from L.A. to Vegas there is that ghost town you can stop at where they filmed a Brady Bunch episode (when they go to the Grand Canyon). The last time I was driving thru there I wanted to stop but I wasn't sure exactly where it was and considering it was 116 degrees out...getting lost wouldn't have been wise.
Sadly enough, I know exactly what episode you are talking about. I even think it was a two-part episode. I think the second part (second 30 min. episode) picks up when that crazy dude has them locked up in the jail (before they get the key and get out.)
Ellis is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #10932
Ellis
gymnopedist
 
Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hyde Park
Posts: 8,141
Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Once I went on a family vacation to the Grand Canyon and we stopped in a ghost town. We met this old prospector that showed us around, he ended up locking us up in one of the old jails because he thought we were after his claim. My dad had all of us take off our shoes and he threw them at the keys on the wall, knocking them off the hook. Then we tied all our socks together and made a rope and "snagged" the keys.
We got loose and made it to the Grand Canyon... but later my little sister Cindy and little brother Bobby got lost.
Huh, now that I think about it, that trip sucked :thumbdown:



Ahhhh... just read your post!! You ruined me! :redhot:
hahahahahaha. I am not the only one who has seen that episode. What a stupid show...
Ellis is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #10933
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
Careful now, Buckeye...

Talkin' like that might get your name used in vain on another sight or sumpthin' like that...

Better to be like the quiet butterfly who floats in on wings of gossamer & goes unnoticed in the maelstrom....:angel:

Awww, who am I kiddin'???...get the can of gasoline...I got the matches....:thumbup:
:lol:

I get burned in effigy every single day. The scars are only permanent if I let 'em be...

buckeyefan78 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #10934
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs88 View Post
THis is going to take like 10 years, but we have reenforcements somewhere.
This should be taken over to the political forum as proof of Faith...

__________________
Tarkus is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #10935
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1
 
da12ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,994
da12ken will become famous soon enough
Default

My mom is making curry tonight. Hurray.
__________________
[Seattle Mariners][Oakland Raiders][USC Trojans][Orlando Magic]

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.