Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 NFC Predictions: NFC North

Oh lordy, I hope it doesn't happen. But the Vikes and Lions defenses look to be much improved.

NFC NORTH
Vikings (11-5)
Lions (9-7)
Packers (8-8)
Bears (5-11)

The Vikings might miss Randy Mossís ability to stretch the field, but they wonít miss his general laziness and lack of team spirit. The Vikes' D will be much improved and their O is still in the hands of the talented Daunte Culpepper. The Packers' O will be great, but their D has too many dumb players. Unless new D Coordinator, Jim Bates, can work miracles, the Packers will be mediocre. On the bright side for the Pack, they get the rival Vikings immediately after their Week 6 bye-- two weeks preparation might help. The Lions' D, like the Vikings' D, will also be improved, and their O will be fantastic once they (inevitably) demote Joey Harrington and give the reigns to Jeff "Not Gay" Garcia. The Bears will really, really be hurting without Rex Grossman. Not that heís so great, but his backups apparently missed the flight to NFL Europe. I hope nobody loses their job in Chicago over this season, the Lovie Smith Era really hasnít had a chance.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

dirtywhiteboy is on a distinguished road

I think the Bears went out this off-season and made themselves just good enough to lose a lot of close games.
T-Rex gets hurt and everyone is looking for answers. Most of you might disagree, but I see Orton being a star sometime down the line.

The Vikings are very much improved on defense. And their rookie receiver has looked great in the preseason.

The Packers have Farve. Don't count them out.

The Lions hand the ball to Jeff "No, we're roommates" Garcia. Besides putting the 'L' in "lisp", the guy knows how to put the ball in a DB's hands. The guy is washed up. Now he's a Lion. That's a bad combination.

NFC NORTH

Packers (10-6)
Vikings (9-7)
Lions (8-8)
Bears (6-10)
Old 08-23-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

The Bears are officially out of it without a QB. It's sad, really. I am interested to see how the new Viking defense performs, and how Culpepper does without Moss. Plus, let's face it, this team lacks mental toughness and sound coaching. Meanwhile, the Lions could be more of a challenger if Harrington meets high expectations. Lastly, the Packers are going to need a miracle on defense and things to come together for them to repeat. All in all:

Packers 11-5
Vikings 10-6
Lions 9-7
Bears 4-12
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Were the Bears ever really in it this year.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
The Executioner
All-Star Player

The Executioner is on a distinguished road

Daunte Culpepper will not change. He will always be piling up yards. Nate Burlson will be a household name after this season. THAT IS THE EX GUARENTEE OF THE YEAR. Coo coo ca choo robinson will do well and same with Taylor who they recieved from the Ravens. Watch Culpepper, the way he escapes pressure and makes the great pass is ausome. Not too far behind Manning.

Joey Harrington is not done. I'm not just saying this b/c I loved him at Oregon. Give him a chance with Charles Rodgers coming back, Roy Williams in his second season, and Mike Williams.

bring on the Trojans, Longhorns too!
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

Kyle Orton named the starter in Chicago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

I'm sort of surprised, i thought they'd throw Blake in there so he could through his patented moonballs to Mushin and save Orton for when he's more ready. But that o-line's not as bad as it looked last year, I don't think Orton will get beat up like Eli did last year.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I think the Vikes could go 12-4 this season. They are very tough at home and have a realtively easy road schedule. The could lose to Atlanta, Carolina, Baltimore and the Giants on the road, but should "run the table" at home and be undefeated in conference.
Detroit is much better than they were and they could go 9-7.
Green Bay has a very soft defense but can score points. They might be able to finish 8-8.
Chicago will be lucky to win 4 games this season. They have been rebuilding for a long time and are not finished with that task yet.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #8
nate_dog
Rookie Player

nate_dog is on a distinguished road

Just because I like to see the underdogs come out on top:

Bears (11-5)
Vikings (10-6)
Lions (8-8)
Packers (7-9)
nate_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

The Packers are a mess but there is no "great" team in this division.

1. Minnesota (10-6)
2. Green Bay (9-7)
3. Detroit (7-9)
4. Chicago (4-12)
Old 08-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
SoCal sports
Grizzled Veteran

SoCal sports is on a distinguished road

Call me crazy but I think Kyle Orton could end up being a great QB. The first half of last season at Purdue everybody was saying he might go #1 in the draft and was a Heisman hopeful. He just had a bad second half. I believe a QB named Dan Marino had his stock go down in his senior year, the rest is history. I think it will be Vikings(11-5)Lions(9-7)Bears(7-9)Packers(6-10)
Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 PM   #11
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

Orton could become a good QB no one figured coming into the draft. much like Ben last season, who didnt get any hype because he went to a small school. i wouldnt be too hopeful since Bears starters at QB have averaged something like 4/5 starts per season over the past few years.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:58 PM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I think Orton has potential as well. Most of the draft pundits had him listed as one of the top two or three QBs in the draft until his inexplicable collapse halfway through his senior season. It will be interesting to see if he tanks halfway through this season as well.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote